version

I suppose you only hear about the mad ones, but whenever polycules come up there always seems to be at least one person who's totally miserable or comes off like they're being held hostage.

william_kent

as someone of a certain vintage I was alerted by this passage:

So how does one create a Burning Man on a college campus located in Silicon Valley that’s actually Brooklyn? The Neighborhood, which is inspired by a similar project in San Francisco, started last summer and currently has 23 people living in it (aside from the tens of thousands of other people who also live in the actual neighborhood).

it's not going to end well

sus

Sounds like some goofy shit Gus would endorse, or even be part of.

The rhetoric's undoubtedly goofy but this shit is all over Brooklyn: 20-somethings like hanging out and living together and doing projects together, surprise! 20-something transplants without any roots want to recreate their college sense of community, surprise! But everyone on this board gets together for a circlejerk when it's vaguely tech-adjacent. There are a thousand of these spaces in New York from artist coworking spaces to BIPOC safe homes to Seven Sisters polycules. Yawn. Get a better gag, get a better gig. Your comments in this thread outnumber mine by an order of magnitude old man; I'm out here living my life and you're scrolling Facebook like a pizzagate truther spending his spare time watching Hillary docus.

Leo

This is just a thread to put dumb shit about dumbbells. Don't take it personally. Or maybe you should.

shakahislop

i went to bushwick yesterday, which was a lovely but slightly terrifying 15 C day in mid-February, when it's supposed to be fucking freezing, snowing, getting your face blown off by freezing wind pushed into a funnel by the building canyons. everyone emerged out their houses in full bloom. the clothes round there are great, people really pushing the boat out, there was a girl dressed as a kind of anime cat, a black guy or possibly girl who was incredibly skinny, like he'd been photoshopped skinny, six feet tool, and wearing tight leather trousers and a red waistcoat. those two kicked the shit out of anything i saw in the galleries in chelsea straight after

luka

i went to bushwick yesterday, which was a lovely but slightly terrifying 15 C day in mid-February, when it's supposed to be fucking freezing, snowing, getting your face blown off by freezing wind pushed into a funnel by the building canyons. everyone emerged out their houses in full bloom. the clothes round there are great, people really pushing the boat out, there was a girl dressed as a kind of anime cat, a black guy or possibly girl who was incredibly skinny, like he'd been photoshopped skinny, six feet tool, and wearing tight leather trousers and a red waistcoat. those two kicked the shit out of anything i saw in the galleries in chelsea straight after
these posts are so amazing once you know its all made up. sort of a idiot savant.

wektor

a friend of mine went to see this play yesterday and from what she said it sounded like a typical weekend evening in any new york kitchen:

shakahislop

Spent all morning at the coalface and then went to Williamsburg for the first time in ages. It feels like going to the countryside compared to the rest of the city, it's so quiet and wholesome, everyone looks so healthy.

Last night I was reading a pretty good academic book about the Williamsburg music thing. It's amazing how there's nothing left of it so far as I can tell, it's all gone, it's comprehensive. Probably not thier fault. Downtown you can still see the traces of the past, some of the people still seem to be around, the experimental cinema from fluxus times still has its massive space, the park is still rough.

version

tumblr_o2e1qsksii1rfd7lko1_400.gif