version

@version, @sus and I all posted this same article independently of each other. It's the most interesting piece to come out of the New York Ego Orgy since Emily Gould's 'The Lure of Divorce' also published in The Cut section of New York magazine.

New York magazine is better than anything coming out of Conde Nast these days.

I found it via @Ian Scuffling posting this tweet in our Discord:

dilbert1

@version, @sus and I all posted this same article independently of each other. It's the most interesting piece to come out of the New York Ego Orgy since Emily Gould's 'The Lure of Divorce' also published in The Cut section of New York magazine.

New York magazine is better than anything coming out of Conde Nast these days.

So you’re still hate reading this stuff? Came off like microwaved leftovers from 1-2 years ago

sus

“For a while, New York really felt like the center of the universe and that I was … in it,” she tells me. “But I don’t know.”

That's true that's important. The phenomenology of a surfing a cresting wave everyone is watching

sus

@craner you asked in another thread,

I have not met Honor, tho have mutual acquaintances.

I'm pretty periphery to these scenes, I show up at occasional parties and read occasional writing but I've never invested the energy to get past that

Is she the VOG? Probably not. I liked her story "Pillow Talk" years ago. I think she'll probably nudge literary prose toward internetspeak which I think is good, it's quickly becoming the richest pool of cosmopolitan slang the world has seen, I don't see why it isn't or can't be a part of a poetic language. I think she's bright and has her head screwed on straighter than a lot of people in her scene. I think she has talent.

I also think she invests her time and talent into things that don't so clearly generate a Great Work. Even this book is a bit of a joke. She makes avant garde TikToks, treats her Twitter a bit like art, podcasts, hosts events like the recent 72hr (or w/e) nonstop Gertrude Stein reading at Earth. If she ends up being really important in the long term it won't be for writing a Gen Z Infinite Gest, it'll be for all the little scene building sensibility refining memetic work that Pound did early in his career. Albeit not as scholarly, not with the same gravity and ardor.

sus

Honor will be writing a cover blurb for a book coming out on my press, apparently. (Says the author, TBD.)

This piece is silly it sounds like her half-friend wrote it and didn't even do a good job.

I'm surprised it's going so viral! Not much is said in it other than the silly VOG stuff.