Do you have any superstitions?

constant escape

winter withered, warm
No I think eye contact is intense as well, and that it can prove too intense to many people. But that is the point, that in a way you are signaling your intensity.

luka

They had them in Auckland when I lived there, I guess they still do. That's my taste of Pacific living.

luka

I don't always feel the need to browbeat people into submission with my intensity. Sometimes i think it's good to undercut it.

Leo

back to superstitions...

taxi drivers and their plastic Jesus figures with suction cup base affixed to the dashboard. never made me feel comfortable when it's facing the driver and me, Jesus aint gonna do much good if he's not looking forwards into oncoming traffic.

version

I went to Lourdes when I was maybe ten or eleven and was astonished by the sheer volume of crappy stalls and gift shops selling plastic Jesus figurines, ceramic Marys etc. Sometimes I think I imagined it, but apparently that is exactly what it's like.

7ffb9a20c169795bb970d6102ec77c9d.jpg

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Never drive at night to a full moon. My Dad seeded that irrationalism because of bombing murders in NI that both happened on full moons. One bitten, twice shy and all that.

Morning Mr Magpie, how’s the wife? It’s like a mental virus. I had a client who would wipe his ass with toilet paper bequeathed to those he hated, difficult conversations those, ocd brought on by trauma.

Rosalie Aprile had a bunch for bad luck.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I went to Lourdes when I was maybe ten or eleven and was astonished by the sheer volume of crappy stalls and gift shops selling plastic Jesus figurines, ceramic Marys etc. Sometimes I think I imagined it, but apparently that is exactly what it's like.

7ffb9a20c169795bb970d6102ec77c9d.jpg

Not you too? Relics as plastic tat.

version

Sister Wendy was correct in her assessment of Piss Christ.
Immersion (Piss Christ) is a 1987 photograph by the American artist and photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a small glass tank of the artist's urine... Sister Wendy Beckett, an art critic and Catholic nun, stated in a television interview with Bill Moyers that she regarded the work as not blasphemous but a statement on "this is what we are doing to Christ."

luka

In some sense it's tacky and there's factories churning out millions of these things but if the icon is just an interface between the sacred and the profane it doesn't really matter if it's not carved of solid marble by Michealangelo

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I took an ex to Tara once and she ducked out of site to take a slash. Then I realised she’d left a piece of tissue paper in her spot. “Please pick that up, my ancestors are watching“.

version

In some sense it's tacky and there's factories churning out millions of these things but if the icon is just an interface between the sacred and the profane it doesn't really matter if it's not carved of solid marble by Michealangelo
It doesn't have quite the same effect though, does it? It's Benjamin's aura. There's a power to a Michelangelo that you don't get from a bargain bin.

luka

It doesn't have the same aesthetic impact but as an icon and intermediary it works just as well