Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
"According to a report in trade paper The Hollywood Reporter earlier this week, Apple is closing in on a deal for the rights to Michael Lewis' book on FTX. Lewis, the author of "The Big Short," "Moneyball" and "Flash Boys," spent six months "traveling with and interviewing Sam Bankman-Fried" for the book, according to a letter circulated by his agency CAA."

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I’m actually gonna meet with some researchers from the UK Law Commission about DAOs and the DAO Coalition, because they’re putting together a research report on DAOs and have put out a call for evidence.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
There’s one linked v recently where he’s either paddling in the pool or sea, also that voice

anyway hysterical downfall, one for the ages, bound to end up in plane (maybe tripping) which plummets out of the skies sooner rather than later

Leo

In town from the Bahamas or HK to do some Xmas shopping. Definitely not to cut a deal with the Feds.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole to show your own arse eh
Dane represents Alliance DAO in the DAO Coalition I’m slated to be Vice President of. Haven’t really familiarized myself with Alliance DAO yet.

And yeah, despite not having a full context here, I’m inclined to think this is a bit hyperbolic as well.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I personally don’t get the sense that the FTX catastrophe will significantly drag down all blockchain-related policy efforts, because I get the sense that policymakers are starting to appreciate that not all applications of this tech are financial.

I’m hoping that they recognize the FTX scenario as what it is: a speculative finance disaster, which doesn’t generalize to all given applications of the technology.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Personally I wouldn’t be against a nuanced crackdown on centralized exchanges, so long as the collateral damage on non-financial applications is minimized.