Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Brown's infamous Arctic Monkeys comment was probably the result of asking some party PR bod what the hip young kiddies are listening to these days.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Probably they all actually listen to Wagner in private but are told to say they like grime and DJ Assault if anyone asks.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Look @luka!
"Speaking to NME for this week’s cover interview, Corbyn has grilled on his musical tastes – and who is his favourite of the two Britpop rivals.

“I’m going to plump for Oasis, but I know this will immediately divide the audience, so what I should have said was, ‘I’ll refer it to a focus group to decide,’ but I’m not keen on focus groups…”
He shares most of his musical taste with me, another warm-hearted man of the people
Speaking of his musical tastes at large, Corbyn continued: “I’ve got to ’fess up here: I’m not very musical but I love music. When I’m at home late in the evening I have Classic FM on or I have Radio 3 on or I put some music on of other sorts. I listen to a whole range of things. I do love much classical music; I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for Mahler, actually. I think this is going to get groans all round the room as I speak now, but I also like folk music, I like listening to some jazz, I like listening to world music as well. Because, essentially, music is very interesting history.”

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

[Chuka Umunna] used to write about garage for Touch magazine and even run clubnights up in Manchester while he was at university. “My favourite DJ was probably Karl ‘Tuff Enuff’ Brown, I never heard a bad set from him in those days,” he told DJ Mag. “Producer-wise, I liked a lot of MJ Cole’s stuff, Todd Edwards, Grant Nelson... The record labels I used to get a lot of my stuff from included Talkin Loud, Subliminal Soul – Erick Morillo’s outfit but the more soulful end of that – Defected, Soulfuric, which was probably my favourite record label. The record shops I used to go to included Release the Groove, which doesn’t exist anymore – that was just off Shaftesbury Avenue; Uptown Records on D’Arblay Street in Soho; Black Market, which is just still going... and it was strictly vinyl.”

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
dancing-george-w-bush.gif

tomfun

Rob him in the toilets, standard london local beef style.
I was chatting to the lady djing in the video today and she is mostly just being bombarded with a lot of men sending her their violent fantasies and telling her she shouldn't have let him in the club.

A few people taking issue with the fact that the articles claim she was playing jungle, but no jungle being in the videos posted, or accusing her of being a tech house dj...

She did get her name mentioned on Loose Women, plus DJ Assault is sending her a drop to use in her radio show/dj sets. So not all bad i guess.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I was chatting to the lady djing in the video today and she is mostly just being bombarded with a lot of men sending her their violent fantasies and telling her she shouldn't have let him in the club.

A few people taking issue with the fact that the articles claim she was playing jungle, but no jungle being in the videos posted, or accusing her of being a tech house dj...

She did get her name mentioned on Loose Women, plus DJ Assault is sending her a drop to use in her radio show/dj sets. So not all bad i guess.

To be fair she shouldn't have let him in the club. One can separate that from the mens fantasies she's being bombarded with. Equal opportunity of criticism, innit. Don't be such a straight man treating women as a protected category geezer!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
To be fair she shouldn't have let him in the club. One can separate that from the mens fantasies she's being bombarded with. Equal opportunity of criticism, innit. Don't be such a straight man treating women as a protected category geezer!
Uh, I don't think he's doing that, is he? While it sounds a lot like you're dismissing the misogyny that's pretty routine for women working in just about any part of the music biz. Plus what Rich said.

tomfun

From the dj booth, yeah?

I was just reporting it, she is a close friend of mine after all, it was more disappointment more than anything.

"one can" "geezer" Fuck off with this shite btw

tomfun

It's quite funny that being a tech-house DJ is something one can be "accused of".

If you're a dj and not part of that world, it is quite a dismissive, shorthand way of saying that you are just a generic dj, with no real redeeming qualities, eh?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
From the dj booth, yeah?

I was just reporting it, she is a close friend of mine after all, it was more disappointment more than anything.

"one can" "geezer" Fuck off with this shite btw

Well then those doing the accusation are cretins. Don't blame me if I don't have a rota of the club schedule. Maybe she was working on the door before her set (this is not out of the realm of possibility for small promoters) my mates used to do it all the time. How the fuck should I know that. Besides, I don't give a shit if Gove was let into the club or not.

Last edited: