william_kent

lLoyd & Devon- Cuss Cuss

what can I say?

you know you're doing right when the "doorman", a scary looking Albanian / Serbian / Balkan,/ who knows? is bouncing around in front of the "decks" and the bar staff are asking you what you want to drink...

killer studio one tune

when the bouncer ( oops, doorman ) was busting his moves and the trendy bar staff were plying me with drinks I had to play this off CD because their single turntable was wrecked so my tesco "bag for life" full of vinyl was neglected but somehow i've now ended up with a vinyl version of this tune that I tried to buy off discogs but because the grading was wrong, and even though I offered to pay for the postage, the seller refused to accept my payment so I now own this on vinyl for free... KARMA!

holy grail secured for zero pennies....

"do good and good will follow you"

etc.,

edit: TLDR; I once played this in a trendy Manchester bar on CD, it went down extremely well, but i'm a bit anal and then tried to buy it on vinyl, ended up paying nothing because the seller was too ethical and gave it to me for free... "result"

Last edited:

william_kent

ok, I've just bragged about how i got a studio one tune for free,,

but maybe I will have to admit to how I paid, slightly, over the odds for the Lloyd and Devon tune that I really coveted?

lLoyd & Devon - Push Push

when Coxsone Dodd died it turned out he had a few kids:

Clement Dodd Snr. was a precocious and fecund man. He fathered 6 children

^ from an actual court document: "precocious and fecund" !!??

and those children argued and bickered and hired lawyers and the daughter, Carol, won out and now she has the reissue rights but with the recent series of 12" represses from the revived "studio one" she refused to deliver to the UK so I had to pay European postage rates to get this delivered to my home...

still, better than paying £600+ for a crappy frying bacon "vg+" OG press?

of course, it doesn't hurt that the other side of the 12" is a total killer:

The Gladiators - Happy Man

I don't want to be in the shoes of the unlucky man...

my contender for reissue / repress of 2022

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
There was a time, I guess when I moved to London in about 2,000 when I was totally obsessed with them, particularly the Peel Sessions which had even more frantic and histrionic versions of songs that were already pretty damn far along that axis. Listened to it every day for month, I guess it fitted with how we were living at the time somehow.

Reactions: Leo

Mr. Naga Pickle

GOOD EVENING MY NAME IS HAPPY BIRTHDAY KREAYSHAWN AND I AM THE ONLY PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE WHO HAS NEVER HEARD THIS RECORDS: