IdleRich

IdleRich
ah, found your reply.

The other big part of the story is Woops' friend Alex Sebley. He is the reason I know all those cunts - he moved into my spare room and introduced me to Nathan and Lias and their band the Saoudis - my first impression was that Nathan was maybe the worst person I'd ever met. But I guess he sort of grew on me... Alex was in that band and when they went on a tour of Algeria (cos Mr Saoudi their dad was from there) Alex scribbled some gobbledegook about how hot the seats were in the taxi and that became the lyrics to Touch The Leather, which they kindly gave him a writing credit for when it became a single years later.

And then after Alex and band graciously parted ways, he tried his hand at many things, such as publishing Woops' book and making a video for Mulato Pintado (who is Clams from Paranoid London)

And he formed a band called Pregoblin (I guess named after pregabalin which is a kind of psychedelic you can use to come off heroin) who had some good songs I think

The problem is that at every turn he seemed to end up in a massive feud with either FWF or Lewis from Morbid Books or the other person in Pregabalin or Woops etc

Leo

The other big part of the story is Woops' friend Alex Sebley. He is the reason I know all those cunts - he moved into my spare room and introduced me to Nathan and Lias and their band the Saoudis - my first impression was that Nathan was maybe the worst person I'd ever met. But I guess he sort of grew on me... Alex was in that band and when they went on a tour of Algeria (cos Mr Saoudi their dad was from there) Alex scribbled some gobbledegook about how hot the seats were in the taxi and that became the lyrics to Touch The Leather, which they kindly gave him a writing credit for when it became a single years later.

And then after Alex and band graciously parted ways, he tried his hand at many things, such as publishing Woops' book and making a video for Mulato Pintado (who is Clams from Paranoid London)

And he formed a band called Pregoblin who had some good songs I think

The problem is that at every turn he seemed to end up in a massive feud with either FWF or Lewis from Morbid Books or Woops etc

Oh and then you got Moonlandingz which is something to do with Lias I think, and Insecure Men which is basically Saul and about seven slaves.

have to tag @woops on these posts, rich.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Record shelves are a total mess cos when Liza wants to tidy she don't give a fuck about anything apart from getting stuff off the floor or out of the way of the hoover or whatever it is, so things just get crammed back in with no thought to where they came from or where they ought to be* with the result that you will never ever be able to find what you want - on the plus side though you can just stumble on stuff that you'd long forgotten or didn't even know that you had which can be nice... today's random find is a wonky banner from a former(?) forum member - I love this guy and I love (almost) all his music too...

*Actually, worst ever person I've seen for that is Lewis from Morbid Books, he comes round and he's pulling stuff off your shelves to listen to and then when he's bored he just sticks the record straight on to the shelf or in a random cover... right in front of my face, I seen him just... I mean, hehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJfKOuLuHEI might as well be hiding the fucking things... what the fuck are you doing? I'm right fucking here, I can see you doing it you twat.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Ive got a thing called the alex sebley abuse transcripts on my computer. i i think its from lewis where its just sebley having a breakdown i'll upload it
I am aware of this document of course - in certain circles it's become legendary - or some wondered if the correct word might be mythological - either way, amongst those who do know of it it is spoken of in hushed tones. Having its existence finally confirmed by no less an authority* than yourself is a truly spine-tingling moment. Some people - and you can certainly count Liza amongst them - would literally commit murder or any other crime just to read it. So, while it would obviously be terribly cruel and morally wrong to share it on the internet, it is such an important document of incalculable value to so many scholars and busybodies - or perhaps it would just be better to say that it would really make a lot of people laugh a lot really sadistically and nastily - so much so that I think it will override any moral concerns which might ordinarily hold you back. In fact, I think in this case you are duty bound to shine a light into this dirty festering corner of the interworld. Er, just please please please do put it up, I can't wait to see it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
i should point out that woops says alex sebley is the worst human on the planet

To me that's a little unfair to say the least. Well, of course no one person can possibly understand the whole argument between them which dwarfs Jarndyce vs Jarndyce - and a i know that Alex did act unreasonably in some ways, =but just to mention one small part of it that I have observed, both parties are totally convinced the other stole money from them... it may be a mistake but it's not an act, Alex genuinely believes that funds were diverted away from him and feels aggrieved.

Then again, when Saul came to play here in December Alex wrote on the event "tossers" which was kind of a surprise to me cos I thought we parted on good terms in the summer. But Alex feels that Saul has some kind of vendetta against him and basically structures his whole life around trying to "get" Alex, whereas in actual fact as far as I can tell Saul probably only ever thinks of him when Alex pops up and calls him a tosser. Liza asked Alex why he called her a "tosser" and he said that we had been conspiring with Saul and that we had been telling him all this private stuff - which we didn't even know about and which Alex had somehow misread something somewhere to mean that someone had been like feeding Saul - he basically extrapolated this alternative reality based on nothing.

And before when Saul came to Play in Lisbon he was gonna do this interview on national radio and Liza wanted to play some songs that Alex and Saul had written ages ago, - but she had to ask Alex for permission. And it seemed like a total no-brainer that he would give his permission cos these songs never came out or anything but by just random luck he was gonna get played on national radio and get some exposure and so on. So Liza phoned him and he just said "no" - and Liza couldn't understand it... she was telling him he might gain something and he had nothing to lose etc and it boiled down to him saying "I don't care what I gain,I won't do anything that could conceivably help Saul in any way" - ultimately it doesn't matter what he would lose, his main aim is to hinder Saul at any cost to himself. And Liza said it won't matter to Saul cos he's got loads of songs he could play but I picked these specifically to help you and get you on the radio. And Alex was just like "NO - I will make any sacrifice and take any pain just to avoid helping Saul in any tiny way whatsoever... and the weirdest thing is that he does this cos he claims that Saul is obsessed with him and is always trying to destroy him. Like Frankenstein's monster living only to torment his creator - except with the bizarrely ironic twist that it is Alex who actually DOES seem to live to destroy Saul, and Saul in fact doesn't really care about Alex either way. It's so weird... obviously if Alex reads this I'l get the fucking treatment too, but , everything i said is true so what am I supposed to do?
i should point out that woops says alex sebley is the worst human on the plane?

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I am sitting in a hospital outpatient unit room, different from the one you’re in now, with a rupturing hernia recording the sound of my pain and I am going to play it back into the room, again and again, until the resonant frequencies of the room reinforce themselves, so that any semblance of my pain (with perhaps the exception of r-r-r-rrrrhythm) is destroyed. What you will hear, then, are the natural resonant frequencies of the room, articulated by speech. I regard this activity not so much as a demonstration of physical pain, but more as a way to smooth out any irregularities my pain might have

IdleRich

IdleRich

Fantastic, meeting up with Liza in a minute, she's gonna totally flip-out when she sees the whole thing.

Anyhow yesterday flipping through old long-unplayed records, pissing around on the decks and I found this tune. It's a solid enough bit of techno with a bit of a groove to it, but I doubt I'd mention it here if that was all there was to it... but when I first got that record years ago I wasn't in the frame of mind where I tended to consider slowing techno tunes waaaway down as a matter of course, now however, by way of contrast, the second it starts turning it's totally obvious to me it ouggta work at 33 - and sure enough, at that speed it sounds as though someone custom made it to slot into one of Liza's sets.

Having great fun rooting round the forgotten corners of my collection, it's as though I just took delivery of a load of new tunes. Found yet another banger a few minutes ago in fact.

Anyhow, this is the Rena
to Cohen (at normal speed)

And

luka

one of the reasons rhiannna is interesting is that she is an actual embodied goddess. why is she hanging around with calvin harris? god workss in myserious ways

craner

Beast of Burden
one of the reasons rhiannna is interesting is that she is an actual embodied goddess. why is she hanging around with calvin harris? god workss in myserious ways

Because Calvin is a backroom genius, a British brute with clumsy yet sensitive sensibilities, a weird ability to magic sounds out of software that are tacky, clean and poignant. Somebody in her camp recognised that this loser had made a hit that she only had to turn up for and it would make her a million.