IdleRich

IdleRich
Seem to be pretty good these Hologram guys. Their latest album is called Return to Chapel Perilous and seems to be more of the same - on discogs the cheapest copy is thirty quid, plus shipping and Portugal tax makes it over fifty quid for the album. Still, I can listen online, this one is cool...

IdleRich

IdleRich
I saw them live once supporting a friend's band, nothing like this really. These lot are making a pretty good fist of ripping off famous psych soundtracks like this

And this kinda Italian acid funk which I guess, fair enough, is the sound that Red Snapper etc limply approximated and politely polished

william_kent

that's just reminded of one of my favourite dance video clips

Dancers during Dj Pierre's set DEMF 2010

plastic dreams is playing, and a woman who has either taken dance lessons since she was five, or maybe she's just a natural, is facing off and trading moves with a guy in a yellow tee shirt who must have been to more than one ballroom - and then a dreadlocked guy circles like a shark, watches and he must think "I'll show him how to vogue" and before you know it, it's a three way battle

always brings a smile to my face

IdleRich

IdleRich
Seem to be pretty good these Hologram guys. Their latest album is called Return to Chapel Perilous and seems to be more of the same - on discogs the cheapest copy is thirty quid, plus shipping and Portugal tax makes it over fifty quid for the album.
Shitty day. I managed to resist pulling the trigger on that purchase, was pleased with myself that I saved fifty quid. Then, this afternoon I played squash, had a good gane and enjoyed catching up with my man Charlie who I ain't seen in a while. After the game had a couple of beers on the veranda watching some kids play tennis as the sun went down, a lovely evening all told...

Until I left to drive home. Fucking car fucking clamped in the sports centre carpark! I thought it was part of their facilities, have played there about fifty times and had no idea you had to pay. I wasn't the only one, guy next was there on a team building exercise and he got arsefucked too.

So getting it out of the trap cost twice as much as my saving from forbearing to buy that album. Motherfucker! Wish I'd stayed in and bought the thing damn.

woops

is not like other people
Shitty day. I managed to resist pulling the trigger on that purchase, was pleased with myself that I saved fifty quid. Then, this afternoon I played squash, had a good gane and enjoyed catching up with my man Charlie who I ain't seen in a while. After the game had a couple of beers on the veranda watching some kids play tennis as the sun went down, a lovely evening all told...

Until I left to drive home. Fucking car fucking clamped in the sports centre carpark! I thought it was part of their facilities, have played there about fifty times and had no idea you had to pay. I wasn't the only one, guy next was there on a team building exercise and he got arsefucked too.

So getting it out of the trap cost twice as much as my saving from forbearing to buy that album. Motherfucker! Wish I'd stayed in and bought the thing damn.
the moral of this story is never play sport always buy records.

luka

maybe making yourself a prominent conspicuously wealthy unemployed foreign major league drug dealer thinly veiled as a dj in a small portugese retirement village is starting to backfire? the man has his crosshairs on you.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I know brexiters think London is the centre of the world and Europe is a backwater but even Farage or Eden would hesitate to describe Lisbon as "a small portugese retirement village".

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I hate Plastic Dreams. well, I don't hate it, but it sounds so tacky.

Need to see if giving it the pitched down screwed treatment improves it.

anyway choon of the day

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I saw them live once supporting a friend's band, nothing like this really. These lot are making a pretty good fist of ripping off famous psych soundtracks like this

And this kinda Italian acid funk which I guess, fair enough, is the sound that Red Snapper etc limply approximated and politely polished

all about the Italian cop movie soundtracks