IdleRich

IdleRich
At the moment I know more people with covid than at any previous time... about half the people we know in Portugal, several Englanders and one hundred percent of the people I know who live in Kenya. I'm supposed to DJ in Porto in two weeks, gonna be pissed off it it gets cancelled, these people are so selfish.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Thing is, I got friends all over and the ones in Lisbon - who basically go out and suck dick and share coke straws all the time - are on their third time round and they say "this one doesn't affect your taste buds" but our friend in Kenya has not had it before so he's still on the first one I think and it's a bit different.

luka

ive got my sense of taste still and this is my first time, at least, as far as i know

IdleRich

IdleRich
Nope.. nowt... nothing. I think. Aaaages ago (early 2020) Liza had this things where she was coughing so much she had to sleep in the other bedroom and she lost her sense of taste etc... but we just assumed it was some kind of withdrawal. Possibly not with hindsight.

luka

it only started getting close to me over the last few months. a couple of friends got it, friends of friends, then obviously me and when i got it my friend got it at exactly the same time, but not fromthe same place cos we hadnt seen each other so recently, just a weird coincidence. he called me up to say guess what i've just tested positive and i said me too, literally just 10 minutes ago

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
At the moment I know more people with covid than at any previous time... about half the people we know in Portugal, several Englanders and one hundred percent of the people I know who live in Kenya. I'm supposed to DJ in Porto in two weeks, gonna be pissed off it it gets cancelled, these people are so selfish.
this is also the case in amsterdam. it's a lot more widespread than the other ones. i can't believe i didn't get it in the last two years, i must have, it's statistically impossible i didn't.

another thing i find odd is that you never hear about the percentage of people who had it, it's always the percentage of people who are vaccinated that is used for making policy.

chava

this is also the case in amsterdam. it's a lot more widespread than the other ones. i can't believe i didn't get it in the last two years, i must have, it's statistically impossible i didn't.

another thing i find odd is that you never hear about the percentage of people who had it, it's always the percentage of people who are vaccinated that is used for making policy.
Are you in Amsterdam? What are the situation there? I am quite surprise the Dutch has taken such a hard lockdown approach, doesn't seem in line with the normal liberal mentality there.

For me every country that has imposed any kind of curfew is in my view a proto-fascist state now.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Are you in Amsterdam? What are the situation there? I am quite surprise the Dutch has taken such a hard lockdown approach, doesn't seem in line with the normal liberal mentality there.

For me every country that has imposed any kind of curfew is in my view a proto-fascist state now.
yeh everything has been closed for the last two weeks and will stay like that for at least two more weeks. only supermarkets are open. it's utterly depressing.

i don't understand it either, not so long ago we had ministers on television singing throw your face mask in the bin and a campaign called "dansen met janssen" (dancing with johnsson) that promised everybody who took the vaccin could go and dance in the club the day after. every few weeks the government goes live on television and tells the people something different, often contradicting what they have said before. in the mean time there's a big group of people that are fed up with it and are showing their contempt on the street, they then get beaten up by police, or even worse, shot. but yeh, holland is a proto-fascist state anyway.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind

the frustrating things is, there is no real class consciousness in holland. you got these people taking the streets but their movement got coopted by the extreme right and fascist groups. they are blaming the "left-wing" government, whereas there have never been a left-wing government in holland. then you got the middle class who just scoffs at these people and calls them conspiracy nutters, of course, it's easy for them they just order their food from gorrilas and stay in their luxury homes, might even go on holiday to escape the lockdown.

chava

the frustrating things is, there is no real class consciousness in holland. you got these people taking the streets but their movement got coopted by the extreme right and fascist groups. they are blaming the "left-wing" government, whereas there have never been a left-wing government in holland. then you got the middle class who just scoffs at these people and calls them conspiracy nutters, of course, it's easy for them they just order their food from gorrilas and stay in their luxury homes, might even go on holiday to escape the lockdown.
Horseshoe theory coming into effect in the streets, that's for sure. Right, left, center it's so confusing for me now.