mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

I'm moving to the middle of nowhere on The Broads with two thousand tins of alphabetty spaghetti.

luka

Don't be hysterical. It's completely finished, right on schedule, 2022 when the WHO said it would finish. (Or was it WEF?) Now it's time for Land War in Asia.

droid

A fully boosted colleague has just tested positive within three months of their previous covid, as have acquaintances of another colleague. Anyone heard of similar? This does not bode well.

Yep. Thousands of case reports coming in from doctors of re-infections after 30+ days I know loads of people who were hit with Delta late last year and then Omicron in the last month or so, as Delta confers almost no immunity from Omicron. It seems that Omicron gives you limited protection from further Omicron infections and even less protection from BA.2.

Most of Europe has adopted herd immunity as policy (which is what you wanted all along?) and this is the logical outcome. Continual reinfection with covid for everyone, multiple times every year until your vaccines wane and you end up with a severe outcome or long covid.

My advice is to get some FFP2 masks or better, keep wearing them indoors, limit indoor contact and keep antigen testing prior to meeting friends indoors. This is far from over and you need to avoid infection and reinfection for as long as possible, the longer the gap between infections the better the outcomes.

mixed_biscuits

Yep. Thousands of case reports coming in from doctors of re-infections after 30+ days I know loads of people who were hit with Delta late last year and then Omicron in the last month or so, as Delta confers almost no immunity from Omicron. It seems that Omicron gives you limited protection from further Omicron infections and even less protection from BA.2.

Most of Europe has adopted herd immunity as policy (which is what you wanted all along?) and this is the logical outcome. Continual reinfection with covid for everyone, multiple times every year until your vaccines wane and you end up with a severe outcome or long covid.

My advice is to get some FFP2 masks or better, keep wearing them indoors, limit indoor contact and keep antigen testing prior to meeting friends indoors. This is far from over and you need to avoid infection and reinfection for as long as possible, the longer the gap between infections the better the outcomes.
My wish re herd immunity was to propagate the first strain as far as possible so that transmission stops completely.

It looks like herd immunity is now impossible given the rate at which new variants are produced/leaked and the waning powers of the vax.

Folk versions of the early treatments from the literature will proliferate among those unable or unwilling to forgo natural social behaviour.

mixed_biscuits

The worst case of a human Marek's Disease is possible: leaky vax leading to deadly virulent strains against which only a rolling production line of novel vax can help combat (subject to unlimited human ingenuity).

Obv those who warned of this possibility were ignored/smeared/shouted down at the time.

Last edited:

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
My wish re herd immunity was to propagate the first strain as far as possible so that transmission stops completely.

It looks like herd immunity is now impossible given the rate at which new variants are produced/leaked and the waning powers of the vax.

Folk versions of the early treatments from the literature will proliferate among those unable or unwilling to forgo natural social behaviour.

translation:

My wish re herd immunity was wrong

It looks like herd immunity is impossible given the rate of variants made in Jewish labs

Volk versions something something natural social behaviour? At this juncture the translator looked down at the screen, sighed and shot himself

craner

Beast of Burden
translation:

My wish re herd immunity was wrong

It looks like herd immunity is impossible given the rate of variants made in Jewish labs

Volk versions something something natural social behaviour? At this juncture the translator looked down at the screen, sighed and shot himself

Tsk, this is no joking matter Hands.