Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Here you are, still pretending The Government and The Science were on the same side, when BJ repeatedly overruled or ignored the advice from SAGE.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I have to admit that I am, in a way, impressed. After every single bullshit thing you said would happen - passport vaccines! permanent rolling lockdowns and mask mandates! everyone who took the jab would be dead from killer brain prions within a year! - hasn't happened, you're still here, brazenly pedalling this fucking garbage without the slightest trace of shame.

shakahislop

Hey,👏 @Mr. Tea 👏educate👏yourself

MB and I called all this out, as it was happening
i read almost all that thread. what i understood from it is that the public health world and the US government were trying to reduce the spread of dis/mis/information about covid and so on, and that they're tucked in pretty tight with the major social media platforms to do this. this doesn't seem particularly egregious to me, i assumed this kind of thing was going on anyway. i don't think there's much of an effort to hide it is there?

there is an interesting thing here about what the internet is going to be in the future in the west. which is, probably, more highly regulated, rather than the free-for-all that are its roots and which it's mostly been up until now. i think there's more and more of a consensus that if you leave the internet to its own devices, it can cause a lot of harm. exactly where the lines will be drawn is up for grabs. i hope the public health guys win though.

shakahislop

that virility project weekly briefing document that makes up most of the thread looks like quite standard media monitoring to me, nothing particularly sinister. i think pretty much any organization with an interest in public perceptions uses these kinds of approaches (reporting what people are saying about a given issue)

Reactions: Leo

droid

Another awful situation that came up this year was around a 15 year old unvaccinated girl. She had had covid three times and suffered a serious of strokes after the last infection. Her mother was trying to negotiate work from home as she needed to care for her daughter and she was also terrified of bringing covid home from her unmasked workplace and killing her child in the process.

I just found out that this girl is back in hospital fighting for her life after a pulmonary embolism. She's not expected to make it. 15 years old.

mixed_biscuits

Not vaccinating a 15-year old is not an error, given that one paper assessed vaccination to be a net negative below 45 years old, let alone 15; even Whitty told us that the decision involved accounting for each individual's 'risk ratio' (ie. nudged us to vax only those at elevated risk of severe illness) when it came to young people.

droid

Not vaccinating a 15-year old is not an error, given that one paper assessed vaccination to be a net negative below 45 years old, let alone 15; even Whitty told us that the decision involved accounting for each individual's 'risk ratio' (ie. nudged us to vax only those at elevated risk of severe illness) when it came to young people.

You really need to take a long hard look at yourself you vile, inhuman scumbag.

mixed_biscuits

Be a savvy objective thinker like Leo, Rich and Tea: if the literature and the Chief Medical Officer contradict the Pfizer PR, throw that peer-reviewed literature and the CMO in the bin where they belong! 😂