Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Yeah but if I go to, I dunno, my mum or say a friend who works in a bar in Lisbon and describe someone as a normie l, if they say "What's that then?" I can hardly go "oh you know, like that guy Leo" can I?
Its an invisible standard, and necessarily so. For when a normie becomes aware of the ur-normie avatar that is Leo, they are instantly transported unto a higher level of self-awareness, and cease themselves to be a normie. Until this moment, they may unknowingly traffic in his midst.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Of course, Leo's curse-like status could easily be lifted if he were to, say, be willing to grab a beer at some point from April 10 to April 19.

catalog

Yes, I would agree with that. They've seen what drugs can do for real, is my impression of most straight edge ppl I've met in, say, punk band contexts.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Yes, I would agree with that. They've seen what drugs can do for real, is my impression of most straight edge ppl I've met in, say, punk band contexts.

don't be a muppet.

punks anti-drugs posture is as superficial as their pro-rastafari posturing. hell, punk is a superficial culture full stop! which is why I disagree with Padraig.

But then he doesn't live in a country where the average right winger grounds his racism and antiblackness in the foreign, African and asiatic other.

Lot of the old punks are fine with certain Jamaicans and certain Irish cos they're ostensibly assimilated (I.E: civilised) into British society but they'd have us both kicked out in a heartbeat. Fuck their existential crises.

*certain being the operative word there*

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Their sensory cortex will be hardwired into a livefeed of all social media updates from the Brooklyn Culture Mafia. Not only will they be forced to stay in touch with the trends, but we will also wire in some extra neurochemical satisfaction so they'll be forced to enjoy it as well.

I listened to a Kachiyan podcast once. Damn, that bird can't even smoke weed properly. If weed isn't making you babble at 777mph then abandon it babe. lethargic.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's like Joe Rogan. I literally don't understand why so many people have a problem with him. i mean, i have a problem with him, but it is not of a political nature. I want to stick needles under his seat so that whenever he smokes one of those american joints with no tobacco he doesn't talk like the 18 year old who has had 12 rums for the first time and is slurring his words like a blockhead. ridiculous!

shakahislop

Today, we remember the late Queen Elizabeth II. Respected and admired around the world, hers was a life of service to her country and the Commonwealth.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I saw that comment there and at first I thought that I had made a mistake and quoted Shaka without remembering to add my own point... however I then noticed that in fact I had made a very subtle and witty change - and then it struck me that the otherwise inexplicable lack of likes and other positive reactions to that comment may also be down to others failing to spot what I had done.

Today, we remember the late Queen Elizabeth II. Respected and admired around the world, hers was a life of service to her country and the Commonwealth.

Which I changed to..

shakahislop said:
Today, we remember the late Queen Elizabeth II. Respected and admired around the world, hers was a life of service to her by country and the Commonwealth.

And for MB and other thickies I'll explain further; originally that first sentence simply repeated an extraordinary and outrageous lie, one that has been propagated throughout my entire lifetime and which is a perfect example of the idea that if you do tell a lie, make it a big one. Cos the idea that the Queen - born into obscene wealth, gifted numerous palaces and castles around the land with armies of servants to make them work as well as to ensure that she never needs to do anything, doing exactly what she wanted the whole time and, it turns out, being literally above the law (along with her paedo-progeny) - was serving us has to be one of the biggest lies ever, an enormous and shameless inversion of reality which has somehow, by dint of this repetition, and perhaps also cos of its sheer blatancy, become a sort of axiomatic truth which must never ever be questioned.

Except I, showing once again my fearlessness in the face of Orwellian state-controlled black-is-white and down-is-up style attacks on the truth, added the simple two letter preposition "by" so that now the statement correctly states that the country served her.

Elegant, fearless and most of all true. The brevity and beautiful simplicity of that minor change clearly deserved to be garlanded with plaudits from far and wide, instead however, I can only guess because of its rapier-subtlety it went above the heads of my fellow dissensians and received nothing of the kind... such a shame. Still it gave me the opportunity to write this pointlessly verbose and self-aggrandizing post in an irritatingly superior tone which I'm sure anyone who made this far will have understood I greatly enjoyed doing.