sus

Class-President-Overachiever-Except-It's-Alicia-Silverstone-in-Clueless: "How does it compare? Protests, clove cigarettes, bongos... whatever it is you beatniks do."

The accused: "We prefer 'disaffected youth':"

Alicia Silverstone: "Ok, so?"

Yr local teenage anarcho-nonconformist: “Pep. The monopoly on pep is definitely held by [the school's] status whores."

The accused: "We prefer ‘socially non-retarded’.”

Cheerleaders: "Go! Fight! Win!"

Socs: "Whoo!"

sus

I actually don't remember what the Greasers were like in The Outsiders but I do remember that the jock-type kids at our middle & high school were called "preps" and were exactly like how they are in this movie

linebaugh

Course3_s4w.jpg
I went here big minis putt putt, for the first time today. Had a a great time

IdleRich

IdleRich
When you go in there what's it like? Do you feel that everyone is looking at you and whispering to their friends "That guy isn't a normie*, what's he doing here?".

Do you feel that you look different from everyone else? Or are you an undercover abnormie who can pass? And do you feel that everyone there is different from you, can you feel their normality exuding out?

*Though obviously they won't say normie, just replace that with whatever non-perjorative term they use for themselves

IdleRich

IdleRich
@Clinamenic, are you familiar with so-called 'brown paper bag parties"?

On the door they hold a brown paper bag next to your face, and if your face is deemed more boring than the bag you "pass" as a normie and are allowed in.

IdleRich

IdleRich
By the way, are there any famous normies?

Who is the acme of normie-dom? Who has the most normie face?

Are there any items or objects that are redolent of normies? Such that you might say "@Clinamenic has an X in his room, he is such a normie"?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Hmmmm... can you elaborate on that? Is it literally just his face or is it in conjunction with his character?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
By the way, are there any famous normies?

Who is the acme of normie-dom? Who has the most normie face?

Are there any items or objects that are redolent of normies? Such that you might say "@Clinamenic has an X in his room, he is such a normie"?
I believe @linebaugh has already situated @Leo as the model normie, around whose attire, interior design, and general tastes ineluctably revolve the standards of normiedom.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah but if I go to, I dunno, my mum or say a friend who works in a bar in Lisbon and describe someone as a normie l, if they say "What's that then?" I can hardly go "oh you know, like that guy Leo" can I?