catalog

people think Wiley has been worth paying attention to after 2007? Corpsey you show em son! none of his war dubs can even touch our boy Amit.
That one on the Mary Anne hobbs comp was good as well. I've got his album from that time somewhere I think.

Wonder what he's up to now.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the samples are what really bother me. "this is how it should be done... this style is identical to none" followed by completely unremarkable distorted 808 noodling. just rubbing it in, mocking anyone unlucky enough to be in earshot.

wow congratulations you've finally understood the pitfalls of 'club' and 'rave' and 'dance' music. Finally!

ok, dance music doesn't always have to be like that, but the tendancy towards generic standardisation is inevitable.

and yet, and yet, you'll still have people tenaciously cling to drugtrash as the alpha and omega of sonic liberation, ignoring that it is precisely the love and emotions that generated by E which must be transfered onto the dj.

The issue with @suspended is not that he perspicaciously notes this, but posts equally standardised suburban angsttrash. Where's the Albert Ayler? Alan Silva? John Coltrane? Zakir Hussain? Derek Bailey?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
my dads brought some weirdos with him for dinner which means i can't have my pizza until they're gone. maybe I'll play that song @mvuent and turn this house into ministry of cunting sound.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
you must think first, and then become sober!

part of why Autechre gives @luka and @Corpsey the heeby geeby night terrors and they wake up shaking, shivvering, sweating just having pissed the bed. Even barty was scared of them. because most dance music is 4 over 4s, or in some cases 3 over 4s. It's that naked austerity they fear to confront, when youv strip all the goldsmiths deleuzian cultural signifiers what are you left with?

william_kent

Wonder what he's up to now.
RE: AMIT

nothing

done nothing for years as far as I can tell

this tune was huge on the "free party sound system" I sometimes warmed up for;

Amit - Acid Trip ( 2013 )

on the strength of that I bought some of the 12"s that he put out on his own label, where he was trying to cash in on the dubstep / roots / dub / uk steppas/ d'n'b crossover that was big "in the rave*" ( * ok, by "rave" I mean crusty / scally crossover squat parties ) at the time but they never hit as hard, and that little spurt died and dribbled out around 2016

and then;

last sighting was a lukewarm J:Kenzo do-over of Acid Trip from 2020, I prefer the original tbh

Amit - Acid Trip ( J:Kenzo Remix ) ( 2020 )

luka

The Black Sun (German: Schwarze Sonne) is a type of sun wheel (German: Sonnenrad)[1][2] symbol originating in Nazi Germany and later employed by neo-Nazis and other far-right individuals and groups. The symbol's design consists of twelve radial sig runes, similar to the symbols employed by the SS in their logo. It first appeared in Nazi Germany as a design element in a castle at Wewelsburg remodeled and expanded by the head of the SS, Heinrich Himmler, which he intended to be a center for the SS.

william_kent

220px-BlackSun.svg.png

Limeburger stuck and poked me with an inked soaked chopstick on my right wing breast inna fever dream