Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I did no such thing. Why do you think The Times published the article?
The article that contained several false claims?

The Times is a right-wing paper and while it's far from the worst, it's pretty clear which side of this culture war they're on. But what's at stake here is your decision to post it in this thread.

mixed_biscuits

Nobody has surgery at 12, you bellend. At that age the best you can do is transition socially. Technically you could receive puberty blockers, but in most cases you won't get them. In the UK you could receive sex hormones at 16, if you've been on blockers for at least a year and you might be eligible for surgery at 18. But good luck achieving anything like that time line. The waiting lists are enormous just for a first consultation.

Anyone who wants those details can find them easily enough. The "vast majority of voters" aren't interested in something that doesn't concern them at all. It's just fuckwits eager to be outraged about some total bollocks they've read on the internet.
Ok but that's not the question: it's what do you want to be the case, not what is the case because people are interested in your principles and the likelihood of tumbling down slippery slopes.

mixed_biscuits

The Times is a right-wing paper and while it's far from the worst, it's pretty clear which side of this culture war they're on. But what's at stake here is your decision to post it in this thread.
You think there's no safeguarding issue there?

I posted it to show what the BBC doesn't post.

DannyL

Wild Horses
It totally isn't: it's to demonstrate that the fringe can't get into the detail that interests the vast majority of voters as they are scared of falling out with their dysfunctional in-group.

The idea that if Tea, for instance, set a lower-age limit of 12 and gave reasons, he would somehow be siding with Nazis is an absurd impediment.
Yes, it is, because you're framing the issue to shock by implying it's all about SURGERY and even worse FOR KIDS. It's a tabloid framing of a complex issues. Subvert has just pointed out what utter bollocks this is.
You conveniently missed out the bit of my answer where I addressed your question. I said I don't know and I'd be interested in starting to gather information by actually listening to people who might be affected. That's basically where all of this starts - listen to people rather than talk over them.

mixed_biscuits

Yes, it is, because you're framing the issue to shock by implying it's all about SURGERY and even worse FOR KIDS. It's a tabloid framing of a complex issues. Subvert has just pointed out what utter bollocks this is.
You conveniently missed out the bit of my answer where I addressed your question. I said I don't know and I'd be interested in starting to gather information by actually listening to people who might be affected. That's basically where all of this starts - listen to people rather than talk over them.
You would stick with current practice then, surgery wise?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ok but that's not the question: it's what do you want to be the case, not what is the case because people are interested in your principles and the likelihood of tumbling down slippery slopes.
literally the name of a logical fallacy

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You think there's no safeguarding issue there?

I posted it to show what the BBC doesn't post.
If I could be bothered, I'd type out a list of infamous sex offenders who are neither drag queens nor transgendered. I won't, though, because it's, as far as I know, all of them.

mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

Whether they're in drag is only relevant in that they are involved in such a conflict.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You very obviously posted it with the intention of implying that drag performers and/or transwomen in general are predatory perverts, but with characteristic dishonesty you're trying to wriggle out of it and pretend you just care about the safety of the kiddiewinks.

mixed_biscuits

You very obviously posted it with the intention of implying that drag performers and/or transwomen in general are predatory perverts, but with characteristic dishonesty you're trying to wriggle out of it and pretend you just care about the safety of the kiddiewinks.
Stop being dense

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I mean, if you can find anyone saying "Drag performers should be exempt from the usual child safeguarding procedures that are applied to anyone else", then by all means, please post it.