padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
It's hard to even articulate the boiling rage this fills me with. The abject cruelty and complete lack of basic human empathy. And that's before you even get to the religious fanaticism, or alternatively, amoral cynicism driving it all.

version

A lot of people have been aware of how unpleasant the GOP are for a long time, but that Trump voter reported as complaining he wasn't "hurting the people he needs to be hurting" was a real mask off moment.

DannyL

Wild Horses
this looks pretty fascinating. As Padraig has noted a lot of this stuff happens under the facade of protecting children - even more liberal people express reservations about interventions like puberty blockers and so on for kids, so I'm sure this will be an fascinating listen.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A lot of people have been aware of how unpleasant the GOP are for a long time, but that Trump voter reported as complaining he wasn't "hurting the people he needs to be hurting" was a real mask off moment.
When was this, and what was the context?

padraig (u.s.)

It was worst of times

It was the slightly less worse of times

Mostly it was the worst of times tho

(and that is honestly pretty tame compared to, for example, the multiple death and bomb threats that have been issued over [checks notes] Target selling Pride-themed clothing)

padraig (u.s.)

For anyone interested, the thread of that first Tweet goes into the court decision in some detail. Not going to do anything for minors or the bathroom law, but it will probably allow trans adults to get the care that was cut off by the draconian measures in FL's law (same strategy RW used w/abortion before Roe v Wade overturn - if you can't ban it outright, make it so difficult to obtain that you largely achieve the same effect).

Some pretty great highlights

Not the first time FL under DeSantis has passed shoddy laws for big splash headlines that get knocked down in court. Same thing happened with his much touted anti-riot bill. Can't speak to it exactly I strongly suspect most similar laws in other states are also shoddily written and will be, at least temporary, struck down (as indeed some of them have been).

Ofc the endgame is probably either try to get things to the 6-3 Supreme Court, and/or yunno try to impose fascism and do whatever the fuck you want, but in the meantime they'll get knocked down.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This looks like the kind of thing you'd make in order to take the piss out of idiots who actually think like this, but I've just looked at this guy's twitter feed and I think he's very much in favour of this sort of thing at face value.

state_enforced.jpeg

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
This video outlines the relation between Judith Butler's work and the anti-gender movement. We need male femininity now more than ever, we need queer, non-binary heterosexuality in an age where queers in general get persecuted.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This video outlines the relation between Judith Butler's work and the anti-gender movement. We need male femininity now more than ever, we need queer, non-binary heterosexuality in an age where queers in general get persecuted.

Just out of interest, have asked any actual lesbians - I mean the traditional, female kind - how they feel about this whole male lesbian thing of yours?

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
Just out of interest, have asked any actual lesbians - I mean the traditional, female kind - how they feel about this whole male lesbian thing of yours?
Actually one female lesbian actually said "You got to do more than just eat pussy without asking".

Well, I'm pretty sure female lesbians want their pussies ate without asking...and if women won't do that, who but a male lesbian would?

People express mild offense at the name, but no one has seriously raised the complaint that my male lesbianism infringes on or invades female lesbian culture.

There's an old Dave Meltzer clip where two lesbians call in and talk about how they had a threesome with Jerry Lynn...JL has to be a male lesbian, because only a male lesbian could have a threesome with two female lesbians.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Actually one female lesbian actually said "You got to do more than just eat pussy without asking".

I'm sure she was absolutely right.

Well, I'm pretty sure female lesbians want their pussies ate without asking...and if women won't do that, who but a male lesbian would?

What makes you think lesbians aren't getting all the sex they want from other lesbians? And why, if they're lesbians, would they want any kind of sex from a man (no matter how feminine) in the first place? Straight women also like receiving oral sex, in my experience - don't you think you might have more luck with them?

TBH, you just sound like a horny bloke with a thing for a) eating pussy, and b) women with a tomboyish or 'dyke-y' look. Now there's nothing wrong with either of those things, but I don't think they mean you're smashing the patriarchy any harder than a guy who's more into penetrative sex and prefers traditionally feminine-looking women with long hair who wear dresses and makeup. In fact, at worst, this obsession with lesbians can look like a fetish for 'turning' or even 'curing' them, and I'm sure I don't need to point out the homophobic implications of this.

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
What makes you think lesbians aren't getting all the sex they want from other lesbians? And why, if they're lesbians, would they want any kind of sex from a man (no matter how feminine) in the first place? Straight women also like receiving oral sex, in my experience - don't you think you might have more luck with them?
Of course. I pursue heterosexual women. I've never pursued a lesbian. I was just pointing out that lesbians want their pussies eaten without asking, and their female partners don't want to do this.

TBH, you just sound like a horny bloke with a thing for a) eating pussy, and b) women with a tomboyish or 'dyke-y' look. Now there's nothing wrong with either of those things, but I don't think they mean you're smashing the patriarchy any harder than a guy who's more into penetrative sex and prefers traditionally feminine-looking women with long hair who wear dresses and makeup.

I smash the patriarchy by representing femininity, acting sensitive, and building communities. Not by eating pussy. It's true, eating pussy without asking is just something I enjoy doing. But most people won't do it, that's why I bring it up.

Also, eating pussy atleast seeks to elicit feminine pleasure. Men often practice penetrative sex without caring about the woman's pleasure. Traditional gender identities don't encourage people to promote feminine pleasure. That's why pussy eaters promote feminine culture more than trads do. But cunnilingus alone is insufficient.

In fact, at worst, this obsession with lesbians can look like a fetish for 'turning' or even 'curing' them, and I'm sure I don't need to point out the homophobic implications of this.
There is no obsession with lesbians. There's absolutely no "fetish for turning lesbians straight". A male lesbian loves a woman the way a woman would. There's nothing more to it. You're looking for problems where there are none. Again, if you have a problem with the name, just write "heterosexual feminine man."