mixed_biscuits

You have this strange habit of packaging up the terms you use with their own assumptions eg. not 'culture' but 'irreducible culture' so that when someone asks you why it's irreducible, you just say 'because it is, as it's called irreducible culture'

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
What is Irreducible Culture and how can anything be outside of nature?
Culture is irreducible to the natural sciences. I can't learn about culture by studying physics alone. If culture reduced to natural science we would be able to show how natural scientific propositions compose all cultural propositions. But we can't.
Culture doesn't exist outside of the material world, it's just that we don't need to use the natural sciences to study it.

mixed_biscuits

Culture is irreducible to the natural sciences. I can't learn about culture by studying physics alone. Culture doesn't exist outside of the material world, it's just that we don't need to use the natural sciences to study it.
You're doing it again: a circular argument...sheeshh

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
You're doing it again: a circular argument...sheeshh
Um no I'm just defining a term you asked me to define? I didn't even make an argument.
If you want to know why culture can't reduce to science, it's simple: I don't need to know science to read a novel. Nor will any amount of scientific knowledge replace the cultural knowledge I gain from reading a novel. Those are simple empirical facts.
But please do assume my argument is circular if it will get you to stop talking to me faster!

mixed_biscuits

And you can 'learn about culture' by studying biology even if you can't learn everything about culture by doing so

If you don't know anything about biology and other aspects to human beings, culture makes a lot less sense

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
Evolutionary psychology doesn't rely on physics, for a start...the science you're looking for is called 'biology'

And you can 'learn about culture' by studying biology even if you can't learn everything about culture by doing so

If you don't know anything about biology and other aspects to human beings, culture makes a lot less sense
Sure! Biology can teach us particular things about culture. The point was it can't teach us EVERYTHING about culture.

mixed_biscuits