The Hater's Thread

zhao

there are no accidents
fuck! and I wanted to see the curious george movie! god DAMN IT!! :mad:

just thought of something... wonder if anything from this thread will show up in the guilty pleasures thread? (if anyone secretly likes Elliot Smith they should prolly keep it a secret. for EVER.)

thanks HMGvot.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
bipedaldave said:
OOOOHHH LOOK THERE IS AN AUSSIE SURFER PLAYING ACOUSTIC GEE-TAR!!! SURELY THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST MUSIC EVER!!!!
Totally agree with the sentiments, but fyi he's American. From Hawaii.

turtles

in the sea
michael said:
Totally agree with the sentiments, but fyi he's American. From Hawaii.
hahaha, i take it as a point of pride that i got that wrong. might just make it even worse anyways....

jasonh

Where to start...

James Blunt, Jack Johnson, that gimp with the hat. Yeah, you'll have a bad day if I get hold of you.
Those awful trance records that sample shit '70s records. There is a reason everyone wanted to forget Leo Sayer existed in the first place - don't rehabilitate him PLEASE!!!
Rap records with R&B sections, and vice versa. Just do one or the other.
Any Tupac and Notorious BIG re-issues. They're dead, let them rest please!
Anyone who wins a crappy TV talent contest (esp. the X Factor).
Awful pop-punk like Good Charlotte. I have a Buzzcocks record, now piss off.
Elvis Presley. Never got it.
Oasis. Never got them either. Overrated boring bollocks.

...there are probably loads more.

I wouldn't dismiss a whole genre. I like a lot of metal, but like any genre there is a lot of crap around. If your idea of contemporary metal is Limp Bizkit, you've got every reason to hate it!

milkandhoney

jasonh said:
James Blunt, Jack Johnson, that gimp with the hat. Yeah, you'll have a bad day if I get hold of you.

yeah big time. add to that katie melua, norah jones, daniel powter, damien rice, jamie cullum, joss stone, and any others i can't think of right now

corine bailey rae is okay tho... :eek:

i hate kaiser chiefs, not just cos of the whole death of pop thing everyone's on about in them other threads, more cos the lead singer sings like a cunt

henry s

Street Fighting Man
you know who else I would add to this list?

Leo Kottke

man, if I ever run into that guy, there's gonna be REAL trouble...oh, you better believe...

(think that just about covers it)

UFO over easy

online mahjong
It's really funny how all you over-analysing middle class journo-types hate all the middle class electronica and hip hop stuff that gets released...

Woebot - there's a huge difference between Def Jux/Hieroglyphics and Anticon-style whiteboy hip hop. Lumping them all together is ridiculous. Infact, automatically dismissing all artists on Def Jux is ridiculous, considering the variety.

Last edited:

henry s

Street Fighting Man
confucius said:
why? sure there are some bad albums, and his playing style isn't to my taste, but I've heard some things that were pretty OK.
eh, you got me...I tried to pick the most innocuous artist I could think of...(if you read this whole thread, plus or minus, in its' entirety, you get this "who's left" feeling)..so, a failed wind-up...(I like Leo Kottke, too)

reminds me of your recent question on your guilty pleasures thread...is it possible to find that (recognizable) artist that elicits zero emotional response across this board?

zhao

there are no accidents
henry s said:
is it possible to find that (recognizable) artist that elicits zero emotional response across this board?

I don't think I posed that question? what I did was challenge Rambler to find even 1 person on this board who liked anything on that short list...

_________

I hate Sachiko M.

I've heard so many amazing collaborations with Yoshihide, Nakemura, Zorn, etc, which are just RUINED, made UNLISTENABLE, by her INCESSANT HIGH PITCHED EAR-PIERCING TONE which lasts for the ENTIRE duration of the session and NEVER lets up.

what the fuck, I ask you, WHAT THE FUCK.

vernoncrane

garrett dweller
Save your Monkey bile for these guys...

http://www.shewantsrevenge.com/betrayal_idx.html

the amazingly derivative nu-post-punk bandwagon vaulting nadir has been reached..extraordinarily they were formed by Justin Warfield who put out a great Prince Paul produced Gravediggers/New Kingdom style Lp about a decade ago, but hasnt figured out that he doesnt need to still deliver 100 words a minute now he's a cod-goth coldwave wanabee...

Buick6

too punk to drunk
UFO over easy said:
It's really funny how all you over-analysing middle class journo-types hate all the middle class electronica and hip hop stuff that gets released...

Woebot - there's a huge difference between Def Jux/Hieroglyphics and Anticon-style whiteboy hip hop. Lumping them all together is ridiculous. Infact, automatically dismissing all artists on Def Jux is ridiculous, considering the variety.

You know who I hate. FUCKEN JAMOURIQUAI AND LENNY KRAVITZ music for fucken rich cunts who drink champaign, drive rented BMWs and snort coke and read fucken magazines like WALLPAPER, VANITY FAIR and the WALL STREET JOURNAL. Those fucken rich motherfucker!!!

AND I FUCKEN HATE WORKING CLASS MUSIC. THE WORKING CLASS ARE FUCKEN LOSERS, EVEN JOHN LENNON KNEW THAT!!! AND EVEN WORSE IS FUCKING IRISH MUSIC - U2 & COORS & THAT FUCKINH HOUSE Of PAIN & ALL THOSE FUCKING CELTIC ARSE BANDITS SINIGING ABOUT THE IRA AND HUMAN RIGHTS AND SHIT> IT'S NOT MY FAULT ALL THEY CAN DO THERE IS GROW FOOKING POTATOES!

zhao

there are no accidents
ooooo-kay... seems like there's some anger among the board members (I actually have been listening to Death for the past 30 minutes... and I go on here and see Buick6 going off the rail - synchronicity?)

anyhow Sinead O'conner is all good though. I had a girlfriend in highschool that looked like her, shaved and everything... supposedly her new album was recorded in Jamaica, and is all reggae. anyone heard it?

speaking of working class music, something smells fishy about Tom Waits' blue-collar schtick. seems phony.

as long as we are making ridiculous generalizations - the rich can have refined tastes but usually dissapears up their own arses. the middle-class work too much to have time to make quality music. so we all agree: it's still the under-class holding it down in G-town.

PS - I hate Iron and Wine

zhao

there are no accidents
oh and the talentless drooling sub-moronic contingency of hiphop who've SOMEHOW made it big. the game. Joe Budden. bullshit rappers, bullshit people.

geto.blast

snap on rims
Canada J Soup said:
Lots of 80s hardcore / skatecore had a kind of a deliberately stupid thing going on (Descendents / All, The Stupids, Hard-Ons, that band with the ice hockey thing).

Void from dc comes to mind as the ultimate example of "outsider" us HC.

If you don t own a copy of the Void/Faith split with the faith side unplayed you suck.