The Hater's Thread

Jim Daze

you forgot, people who have moved from London to Brighton cos they need to ''chill out'' works as an addendum to 'bongos in clubs'.

mike

Mild Horses
juliand said:
... like I'm in the Timbaland seminar in some ethnic studies class on race, class, and hybridity--

I think a friend of mine actually took this course over at San Francisco Art Institute, except it was called something like 'Hip-Hop Histrionics' and was a performance-art class...

bassnation

the abyss
luka said:
he pasty-faced, ill-looking people who work in and patronise 'health-food' stores and resturaunts, whingers, whiners, mopers, people who think God loves them, that they have all the answers just cos they happened to make a lot of money, passive-aggressives, people who try to tell you how to live your life, people who try to argue with you about something they know fuck all about

this is hilarious, pretty much sums up the whole of london in some way or another (even though i fall into several of your categories - not going to tell you which ones!)

i note you mention competitive people about 20 million times - that top of your list?

and what are "stoosh girls"?

zhao

there are no accidents
luka said:
men who play the bongos in house clubs

agreed.

and with a few exceptions, I hate the modern primitive mad-max costumed neo-techno-hippie Burning-Man people (Burners).

none

I hate

I hate
Hard House -
Pendulum/shit drum and bass.drum and bass made by americans, australians, french people etc. Housey drum and bass (late Peshay and Jay Majik etc) -
The Kaiser Chiefs - fuck off
Vex'd/clumpy boring dubstep -
'Breaks' music -
Sway, Kano, Roll Deep, Streets, Mitchell Brothers, Lady Sov, etc - fuck off
Hot Chip and all 'ironic' pop music - fuck off
Ninja Tune - majority of stuff
IDM/Electronica - 99per cent of this noodling, chinstroking, johnny come lately shite, specially the stuff made by Americans, Australians, French people etc
Us hip hop and Uk hip hop bar a very small number of people - no.
Nu-metal - (slipknot, others) - No
Emomusic
All guitar music bar three bands in the entire world

Also

People who argue about music
People who speculate about other people because their lives are tragic
People who think they're hot shit
People who work in fashion
People who pretend to be less clever than they are
People who pretend to be cleverer than they are
People who looks down on other people for reasons not described above

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
bassnation said:
and what are "stoosh girls"?

those who get you interested so you wax to em and open yr heart and try and impress, but they don't care they're just watching you go for it

mms

sometimes
the oraL B pulsar toothbrush advert and bands who's haircuts look like the last time my dad thougt he was cool (from old photos), which is honestly the best thing you can say about them too, or who's hair is more important to the press than their music, (which is basically a kind of non descript melange of loser bands on tommy vances friday rock show circa 1986.)

'music has power, it hits you like a flower' - richard ashcroft (classic new album )
those are on my rant list

Last edited:
black people acting white
white people acting black
black people acting black
white people acting white
asians acting white or black
and people who act like they shit don't stink

especially tom cruise and john travolta

mms

sometimes
HELL_SD said:
black people acting white
white people acting black
black people acting black
white people acting white
asians acting white or black
and people who act like they shit don't stink

especially tom cruise and john travolta
the whole worlds a stage....

your world view is dangerously intolerant sometimes isn't it ?
confining people to inescapable cultural signifiers which only they are only allowed to use but no one else and no others defined by skin colour..
this is what every racist has done for years, and it's not the one really..
still the best insult i got was 'wanna be black jew' from an bangladeshi kid, that was wrongfooted and silly too.

Last edited:

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
I'm sorry, but I hate people who think that hating is a way to distinguish their identity, make them seem cool, unique. If you're 13 years old and rebelling I understand but just being filled with strong opinions does not make you an interesting person, there's very little substance there. And if they are predominantly opinions about things you reflexively hate, it makes you less than uninteresting, it makes you noxious.

I had the misfortune of getting cornered recently by a guy at a party here in Berlin like this. I am stunned by this guys ability to hate on, verbally snipe at, criticise, eye roll, trivialise or generally throw stink at such a wide range of subjects for such a prolonged period of time without taking a moment to say anything remotely positive. I found it like being stuck next to someone with bad breath in a confined space, a deeply unpleasant experience.

I swear I think these people must be rotten on the inside.

Not saying I am mr. sunshine positivity over here but I just don't get how people sustain this.