GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

viktorvaughn

Definitely Skepta.
---------
I just got a one sided press of WK020 - it says 'remixes' on it, thinking maybe IceRink 2 or something (Esco from Slew Dem freestlyes over it on Lord of the Decks 1), anyone any ideas?

Maybe we should try and do a full discography. Discogs is missing loads and i have found a couple of errors.

Noah Baby Food

I don't wanna get locked up like Shyne
But when he dissed my mum he crossed my line

He's got some nice bars that young Joseph Adenuga. He's got that SOMETHING ya know?

I like his bars on that "Top Producer" track with Jammer, Footsie and Rapid (I think):

I make tunes on Mario Paint
I got basslines that'll make you faint

You might see me on a DVD
I got lips like Angelina Jolie

...summat like that anyway

"be a TOP PRODUCER...sit behind a COMPUTER"...haha... that bar's ancient innit... off some old Nasty Crew track is it not?

petergunn

plywood violin
Definitely Skepta.
---------
I just got a one sided press of WK020 - it says 'remixes' on it, thinking maybe IceRink 2 or something (Esco from Slew Dem freestlyes over it on Lord of the Decks 1), anyone any ideas?

Maybe we should try and do a full discography. Discogs is missing loads and i have found a couple of errors.

Ice Rink remix is WK020

petergunn

plywood violin
So its Ice Rink 2? Do you know what the other tune is?

And what about WK016? I think its reason instr. and another tune?

for alot of those early Wiley 12"s, like Freeze, Frostbite, etc, i have no idea what the b-sides or other tracks are called... i actually prefer that 2nd track on the Ice Rink remix 12", has like a dancehall shuffle to it...

my records are kinda a mess right now, so i can't dig thru all my wiley stuff...

you should revive the "eski-ourve" thread and find the wiley wikipedia page... combine the info there and we should be able to fill in the blanks...

viktorvaughn

for alot of those early Wiley 12"s, like Freeze, Frostbite, etc, i have no idea what the b-sides or other tracks are called... i actually prefer that 2nd track on the Ice Rink remix 12", has like a dancehall shuffle to it...

my records are kinda a mess right now, so i can't dig thru all my wiley stuff...

you should revive the "eski-ourve" thread and find the wiley wikipedia page... combine the info there and we should be able to fill in the blanks...

Yeah i'm going to attempt to compile something! Thanks for the help.

The second devil mix of Freeze is amazing, much more interesting that the orig.!

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
I don't wanna get locked up like Shyne
But when he dissed my mum he crossed my line

He's got some nice bars that young Joseph Adenuga. He's got that SOMETHING ya know?

forgive my ignorance but i've always wondered who Shyne is and why he was locked up.. anyone? ta.

for me all of my fav Skepta bars are on the Reign freestyle...

i don't know what you've got your hands in your trousers for / you ain't got a gun - i saw you get searched at the door / you can't pull the wool over skepta - the light didn't flash on the metal detector

... i could go on pretty much indefinitely (well, til the end of the song)

elgato

I just dont know
pretty sure its reference to Bad Boy's great post-Biggie hope (who rapped almost exactly like Biggie!). he was touted for greatness and platinum but then got sent down for a gun fight in a club i think

gumdrops

shyne was completely crap from the start though. feel a bit sorry for him but he was crap. and that second album made while he was in jail was just appalling.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
my man bok bok dropped bow e3 at 7yearglitch on sat, that was heavy on a good system. anyone reaching this wkend's dirty canvas - frisco and bbk?

Frisco is in BBK

benjy bars said:
just watched the new dizzee video.. it's decent. and the song is ok, although not grime at all.. dunno what you'd call it really.. anyway he's still got the best voice around.

I think this track, along with all the other tracks I've heard off this record so far, are utter pants. He's come from having a brilliant sense of how to make new, fresh British dance music to making the same old tired, played out electronic chart shit we've heard forever. This song sounds like a bad Basement Jaxx remix of Linkin Park.

Let's be real here - this is the same man who made tunes like I Luv U, Vex'd and Stop Dat.

mistersloane said:
It's not though, he changes it all the way through, he's got like three types of flow going on in one song, it's quite a throwdown. He's just gone up in my estimation again, which I didn't think would happen, clever chap that one. And as far as songs about mugging go, via music and video it's concept art.

Flow is sick yeah, but come on, I think it is safe for us all to stop jocking his balls now. This song is poor. He's got bumfluff on his chin.

the video is good

though I know I'm missing the actual deeper point lol...anyway yeah what a crossover hit, he's smarter than I gave him credit but I still only have ears for old Dizzee though...

the flow has totally left the building

Sick Boy is right again too

bun-u

Trumpet Police
Dizzee seems to be responding to the fact that 'fix up look sharp' is his only track still doing it for mainstream/student fans... shame if his whole album goes for this old skool vibe