GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

viktorvaughn

i heard that purple tune on rinse a while back, i reckon that its a better Dubstep-Grime crossover than JME-Skream - Tapped. Purple rides Torture really well - heres hoping that one gets a release

Yeah it is better. He rides it like a badman. I'll put up an audio rip from Logan's show later.

I have a mp3 of Dizzee riding Midnight Request Line also. Its alright, but nothing too special.

Last edited:

gumdrops

new dizzee video for sirens
video is great. tune isnt bad at all. not grime though, obviously.
can see this being pretty big on radio one and zane lowe, etc.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
new dizzee video for sirens
video is great. tune isnt bad at all. not grime though, obviously.
can see this being pretty big on radio one and zane lowe, etc.

Hope there's an uncut version where we see him being ripped apart by all the dogs and then being cut up by the huntsmen. That boy's got a huge hit on his hands, I think.

mos dan

fact music
i heard that purple tune on rinse a while back, i reckon that its a better Dubstep-Grime crossover than JME-Skream - Tapped. Purple rides Torture really well - heres hoping that one gets a release

yeah i thought tapped vocal was shite, personally - sixth form paranoia bars and skream treading water. big up dj magic for the mentions on 'purple says'!! someone should compile an mp3 of all of the difft grime mcs who rode request line. not me, i might add, i don't have that many of them on my pc alas.

my man bok bok dropped bow e3 at 7yearglitch on sat, that was heavy on a good system. anyone reaching this wkend's dirty canvas - frisco and bbk?

gumdrops

got the wiley album today. only skimmed through it briefly but it seems very good actually! i wasnt expecting great things from it but its great. lots of nice and speedy grime beats. better than treddin on thin ice, yep. the letter to dizzee track is still crappy and im wondering if wiley is happy its still on there considering his feelings over what dizzee said in pussyhole but who cares. nice one, wiley. :D

benjybars

village elder.
just watched the new dizzee video.. it's decent. and the song is ok, although not grime at all.. dunno what you'd call it really.. anyway he's still got the best voice around.

yeah i'm looking to reach dirty canvas.. what chance of wiley showing up??

gumdrops

apparently skepta and JME were at peaches geldof's birthday party last night... didnt know they were such socialites.

mos dan

fact music
It's his rock song. I like it, it's the best metal song by a black UK rapper yet, that Tricky remix aside.

that's still one of my favourite covers of all time. i wonder if the vid of him and martina (sic) doing it live on jools holland (c.95 ish i guess) is about anywhere, that was absolutely sick, it blew my 14-year-old mind... *heads off to check youtube, apologies for veering off topic*

gumdrops

yeah it should be big. its a weird song though, first verse is all basic and simplistic, second verse is like from a different song. and it doesnt really 'explode' how you might expect it to (not a bad thing). sort of like dizzee's version of the artics comeback single. brianstorm doesnt have much of a standard structure to it, neither does this. maybe they gave each other tips.

viktorvaughn

that's still one of my favourite covers of all time. i wonder if the vid of him and martina (sic) doing it live on jools holland (c.95 ish i guess) is about anywhere, that was absolutely sick, it blew my 14-year-old mind... *heads off to check youtube, apologies for veering off topic*

I had a MAJOR Tricky jones from pretty much ages 15-17. Still a pretty decent canon of work I rekon, though obviously tails of a bit (or a lot) towards the end!

that dizzee track pissed me off

looking at how well produced the video is, how his bars are better than most of what i have heard him on recently, and then hearing that blocky slow flow over the beat just lost a whole heap of impact for me. Imagine if he'd been spitting at grime tempo over more of a grimey beat - with a video like that it would've gone far. Still i think its a good tune nonetheless.

should be at dirty canvas hopefully, havent seen any mc's for a while.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
hearing that blocky slow flow over the beat just lost a whole heap of impact for me.

It's not though, he changes it all the way through, he's got like three types of flow going on in one song, it's quite a throwdown. He's just gone up in my estimation again, which I didn't think would happen, clever chap that one. And as far as songs about mugging go, via music and video it's concept art.

yeah he picks up tempo after the first verse and it sounds so much better, im warming to it - hes definately got the best accent, glad to see that living in texas hasnt had any impact on that, yet

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Its a nice enough track, not particularly memorable tho... its the fact the flow is blocky and the dire guest spots that have me dreading the embarrassment factor of the release of this album--- to those who have actually heard it, is it all hip hop-ish or do any of the beats sound more spastic and grime-ish?

petergunn

plywood violin
unrelated question, could be asked in the "music nerd cred" thread, but who is the originator of the "God forgive me if bust my 9" bars?