GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

viktorvaughn

Swear Slew Dem have a gang of tracks that have never seen the light of day. This is mostly speculation, but I have this old set (off grimetapes maybe) that's just Matty D playing dub after dub of material that I'd never heard on anything else (including NSW) before.

Or I'm just misinformed.

Or I'm making it up.

Either way, Slew Dem have to be my favorite crew in the game in terms of pure unadulterated hype on sets, brutal productions, and top notch sprayers. Bar Kraze, evryone's sick and completely unique. That can be said of very few crews in their prime. Lexx in particular is one of those cats I've always wanted to hear more from. His bars and delivery on Rage's tape had me on fiend.

+1 on the Waifer discog while we're at it.

What's the name of Rage's mixtape?

Benny Bunter

DOK cd looks tasty

Anyone else here feeling the new Double S single (on vinyl :cool:)? I think its quality. Ya reckon his mixtape might be worth a purchase?

viktorvaughn

Its off a Slew Dem Productions vinyl. Orange label, catalogue number SDP005. 'War Ting' by G Man feat. Chronik, Pit & Jammer on side A. 'Let Me Know' feat. Pit and 'War Ting' instrumental on Side B. Contact info: slewdem@hotmail.co.uk

Slew Dem have actually put out some wicked Vinyl, I got a few for 99p or so on ebay a while ago.

I love Way Down Da Road for a big boshing road anthem.

And Kronik's mixtape is still massively under-rated imo, he's the superstar of the the crew for me.

http://www.uptownrecords.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=89_86&products_id=2227
Bargain.

Last edited:

Simon78

DOK cd looks tasty

Anyone else here feeling the new Double S single (on vinyl :cool:)? I think its quality. Ya reckon his mixtape might be worth a purchase?

I would have a listen to the cd first if I were you. I think it's pretty weak and From Day is the best thing on there.

Has anyone bought the Big E D ep from Dubplate? I want it if it's a 320 but I bought some stuff from them before and it was a mixed bag of 320, 256 and 160 mp3's

The D.O.K cd is quality. Will the Rapid & Dirty Danger one ever come out, I'm sure I have been waiting 3 years?

benjybars

village elder.
DOK cd looks tasty

nah it's really not. i thought double s sounded sick when i first heard him. his mixtape is pure boring tho.

from day is a good tune tho.

RAISED BY WOLVES

So i downloaded that Blind in The Booth Vol 1. feat. Snoopy, Germz, and dzaman off Grimeforum, andI have to say, I'm fucking impressed. I thought Snoopy was cold enough going at Scorcher on Logan's War Report, but he's improved the bars and flow a good bit without sounding too skippy ala fellow youngers Double S, Chippy, and even (sometimes) Griminal. Germz is pretty sick too. I'm feeling his voice.

Which brings me to my next point. All these guys sound just the right amount polished. Someone on Grimeforum got it about right when they said Snoopy and Germz would fit in well with SlewDem. Obviously Slew Dem isn't after new members, but Snoopy when he's on it proper kind of reminds me of a young esco what with the Slightly off beat flow and that Hunger and urgency....That's what's really important, and key to the grime sound in my mind. What makes it interesting and original whether beats or bars.

These guys aren't headed towards stardom, they're not the next big thing ala Ghetts, Skeppy, JME, or anything else really. But I'm glad they put something like this together to help the faithful keep the faith.

Link Via Grimeforum:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/czms9e

gumdrops

paxman just interviewed dizzee on newsnights US election programme. god knows why - in a word, cringeworthy lol. funny but still, cringeworthy. of all the people they could have gotten to represent 'the youf', they had to get dizzee. it was really quite embarassing for him and hip hop (he was captioned as a hip hop artist and talked about how obama couldnt have gotten through to the kids without hip hop). raskit = sign of how labour failed our schools.

Last edited:
So i downloaded that Blind in The Booth Vol 1. feat. Snoopy, Germz, and dzaman off Grimeforum, andI have to say, I'm fucking impressed. I thought Snoopy was cold enough going at Scorcher on Logan's War Report, but he's improved the bars and flow a good bit without sounding too skippy ala fellow youngers Double S, Chippy, and even (sometimes) Griminal. Germz is pretty sick too. I'm feeling his voice.

Which brings me to my next point. All these guys sound just the right amount polished. Someone on Grimeforum got it about right when they said Snoopy and Germz would fit in well with SlewDem. Obviously Slew Dem isn't after new members, but Snoopy when he's on it proper kind of reminds me of a young esco what with the Slightly off beat flow and that Hunger and urgency....That's what's really important, and key to the grime sound in my mind. What makes it interesting and original whether beats or bars.

These guys aren't headed towards stardom, they're not the next big thing ala Ghetts, Skeppy, JME, or anything else really. But I'm glad they put something like this together to help the faithful keep the faith.

Link Via Grimeforum:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/czms9e

Sick set.