GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

msoes

That being said I really rate Slew Dem and I'm looking forward to Tempa T's release, and praying like everybody else for an Esco mixtape. Personally I think if Slew Dem cut a group mixtape like Guns N Roses, it'd easily be one of the top releases of the year.

Have you got the non stop working cd? Probably my favourite grime release. Even better than boy in the corner. controversial.

viktorvaughn

I like how JME says 'my parents want me to do everything, I bet they want me to climb Timbuku too' on Mic Champ 1 like its a mountain.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Although the Non Stop Working DVD has to also be the worst thing that's ever been released in grime, it's so pants it should be elasticated.

doom

Public Housing
mistersloane said:
Although the Non Stop Working DVD has to also be the worst thing that's ever been released in grime, it's so pants it should be elasticated.

I thought it was a miesterwerk of irrelevant filler, gunshot transitions & badly pixalated GFX! Its next levelness aesthetics was obv lost on you, in fact I'm gonna watch it now... 3 times!

Srsly tho, there should be a 10 CD box-set album of Waifa beats, it could be called "FULL AUTO ROCK & ROLL or Why All Other Music Is Redundant."

Also, the Esco vocal of 96 Bars Of Revenge is one of the best things ever! I used to listen to it on loop, staring into a furnace making 1" by 3" bits of mild steel white hot.

Last edited:

mos dan

fact music
Oh shit! You know I never clocked that the DVD also came with a mix CD. Looks heavy, thanks!

me neither!! where has it cheapest? £15 at ukrs. the dvd is jokes, only watched it at a mate's house..

Srsly tho, there should be a 10 CD box-set album of Waifa beats, it could be called "FULL AUTO ROCK & ROLL or Why All Other Music Is Redundant."

you get me fam! that whole spooky 'nightcrawler' bass melody / waifer drum-roll is probably my favourite (specific) kind of grime sonics.

i also really like lexx and rage - i loved their version of the grime riddim and also rage's mixtape has some bangers on it

their track - champion inna diss on non stop working is very great

also kraze - zoots is fuckign wicked

esco - bad man, wicked aswell, esco reminds me of domino from diamond click, maybe its because of this track which sounds similar to the one domino did on the jammer best of cd

oh, i also randomly downloaded waifer - steppin (matty g dub) - matty g is slew dem's dj isnt he, or one of them at any rate - yeah this tunes big - very waifer, very one dimensional, less bounce than the grime riddim but at any rate still something to get your skanking shoes on to

actually its just seriously gully

also have waifer - gun man (instrumental) - this is the track domino spits over on jammer's cd (weird, because then i thought jammer made all the beats on that album - Jammer presents Destruction Volume 1 or something)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=93fb5f0b8f79395aab1eab3e9fa335ca69d18fc0acc116c6

plus i think sick boy is right, how can you criticise slew dem when they havent really released anything

RAISED BY WOLVES

Swear Slew Dem have a gang of tracks that have never seen the light of day. This is mostly speculation, but I have this old set (off grimetapes maybe) that's just Matty D playing dub after dub of material that I'd never heard on anything else (including NSW) before.

Or I'm just misinformed.

Or I'm making it up.

Either way, Slew Dem have to be my favorite crew in the game in terms of pure unadulterated hype on sets, brutal productions, and top notch sprayers. Bar Kraze, evryone's sick and completely unique. That can be said of very few crews in their prime. Lexx in particular is one of those cats I've always wanted to hear more from. His bars and delivery on Rage's tape had me on fiend.

+1 on the Waifer discog while we're at it.