GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Last edited:

Elijah

Butterz
When was it supposed to drop initially?
Wiley Vol 1 should be done by friday, see.

November 10th. Well if it gona be ready on friday. I am on relaunching the blog with that on Monday for that then mate. I gota few things doing this week/weekend that i probably best to get published next week anyway.

So much 4 a blog hiatus. Dam thought it would last at least a fortnight.

viktorvaughn

Really? It sounds a lot like grime to me. When I think of hip-hop, this is who I tend to think of:

I meant his flow itself wasn't as good as it used to be on All Day Long, the Roll Deep Rinsessions CD etc. The track itself is obviously still grime, but his actual MCing isn't as stiff and gruff and hype as before to my ears.

gumdrops

roachees still one of the rawest mcs out there. id love for him to get some beats from waifa. would also prefer if trim just got scratchy to produce more for him. while im at it, tubby needs to produce a lot more and maybe do at least 50% of the (mythical, prob non existent) newham gens album.

i do like the idea of more one-producer/one-MC albums in grime like this tinchy and maniac one, but would be cool if people just stuck to a group rather than loaned themselves out all the time, which is what i imagine is gonna happen. grime needs more self contained units. people who resist the easy-wow factor of collabos.

mos dan

fact music
I meant his flow itself wasn't as good as it used to be on All Day Long, the Roll Deep Rinsessions CD etc. The track itself is obviously still grime, but his actual MCing isn't as stiff and gruff and hype as before to my ears.

i'm finding his flow on both top 3 selected and the tinch track disappointing - unremarkable. tinch is pretty annoying to me on rollin as well. and i fucking LOVE all day long. also, his two sets of bars on when i'm ere:

he fucking EXPLODES into that track. doesn't get much better than that :)

hoping he'll get some of the hype back...

mos dan

fact music
id love for him to get some beats from waifa.

omg would be so so good.. potentially, if roach gets the fire back.

so, waifa then. the usual caveat that i don't dj and therefore am not brilliant on naming instros aside, can we please have a list of his tunes (best ones, or just all of them), like a miniature of the wiley's eski-ouvre thread? also some links :)

i say this cos i've always loved his sound (slew dem in general), then the other day was listening to 'destruction: the classics' (SICK cd), and domino's freestyle over waifa's beat on that cd, the famous one with those little drum rolls - got replayed about 20 times.

also: waifa? wafer? waifer?

gumdrops

i wouldnt mind a waifa list either. all i know is that gunman skank - the version doing the rounds last year or so on newham gens sets is one of the most brutal grime beats ever. every time it came on my ipod i immediately wanted to go and punch a hole in the wall.

also - slew dem: VERY underrated. i only have a few sets of those but could always do with more.

i thought roachee sounded good on that new tune with tinchy, still pretty bullish and full of it. tinchy however just sounded boring half alseep and going through the motions.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos

Oh, yeah, I agree with this. Roachee sounds like shit on Rollin, and at 50% at best on Top 3 Selected. Maybe's he's just rusty though - it'd be a shame if he lost it considering the hype surrounding him the last few years anticipating his release from prison.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
also - slew dem: VERY underrated. i only have a few sets of those but could always do with more.

Slew Dem are one of those crews who on the forums hardly ever get criticized. Everyone loves Slew Dem. I think this is in part because they represent an older era of grime that people miss now everybody is Rolex Sweeping, and also in part because there is actually not much to criticize because they never fucking release anything. It's funny how sometimes the less you do, the more rated you are (see also: Newham Generals).

That being said I really rate Slew Dem and I'm looking forward to Tempa T's release, and praying like everybody else for an Esco mixtape. Personally I think if Slew Dem cut a group mixtape like Guns N Roses, it'd easily be one of the top releases of the year.

petergunn

plywood violin
i'm finding his flow on both top 3 selected and the tinch track disappointing - unremarkable. tinch is pretty annoying to me on rollin as well. and i fucking LOVE all day long. also, his two sets of bars on when i'm ere:

he fucking EXPLODES into that track. doesn't get much better than that :)

hoping he'll get some of the hype back...

yeah, Roachie sounds kinda average on this, that bite isn't there... too bad, as the beat is pretty great... maniac does half-step stuff alot of the time, good to hear him do something a little more 140 sounding... does make look forward to the Tinchy/Maniac CD tho, as i am sure there will be some bangers on there...

That being said I really rate Slew Dem and I'm looking forward to Tempa T's release, and praying like everybody else for an Esco mixtape. Personally I think if Slew Dem cut a group mixtape like Guns N Roses, it'd easily be one of the top releases of the year.

Esco's knocked it on the head.

But yeah, Slew Dem >>>