GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

continuum

smugpolice
northern grime mcs spam:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

deadly and saf1 are good

petergunn

plywood violin
so do people have opinions on Kano and Stryder's new DL mixtapes?

Tinchy's is great... on first few listens, it's as good as the cloud 9 EP, which was my fav thing by him... grimey and great beats... DLed kano's ,have not listened yet...

Trim City seems ok, bout the same as Monkey Features, ie. just ok... the first track, monkey, is totally fucking ill, the rest seems ok... gotta listen to it again, on one listen, not alot has REALLY grabbed me...

outraygeous

so do people have opinions on kano and stryder's new dl mixtapes?

Tinchy's is great... On first few listens, it's as good as the cloud 9 ep, which was my fav thing by him... Grimey and great beats... Dled kano's ,have not listened yet...

Trim city seems ok, bout the same as monkey features, ie. Just ok... The first track, monkey, is totally fucking ill, the rest seems ok... Gotta listen to it again, on one listen, not alot has really grabbed me...

drag the kano mixtape to the recycle bin

Ta for the help re: the elusive southside record shop. I'm 99% sure it isnt Soul Brother though, it was in a street of terraced houses, those institutional looking buildings near Soul Brother are out of place.

mms

sometimes
id rather it came out a label like planet mu. i dunno why this hasnt been done for wiley yet.

its always been because cheeky with wileys consent was gonna do it himself.
labels have wanted to put out wiley instrumentals since 2004/5

continuum

smugpolice
autopost

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Damien

Ta for the help re: the elusive southside record shop. I'm 99% sure it isnt Soul Brother though, it was in a street of terraced houses, those institutional looking buildings near Soul Brother are out of place.

I absolutely love Terminator's bars

'I'll sell body parts with me at Hackney Market'

continuum

smugpolice
this is worth watching for Maximum MCing towards the end

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
saw Semtex play ina shortish slot last night - why can't more DJs be like this? Run through of some grime classics (never heard When I'm Ere over a good system before), dancehall classics, hip hop classics including T.I. - What You Know About That. Sometimes it's just as simple as playing good records to a crowd that love it. :D

continuum

smugpolice
siiiiiiiick

gumdrops

sick video. one of the best grime vids ive seen. though that office was blatantly some creatives office, not a business/suits one :p good for NHNH and rude kid tho. thats the type of vid that would have been really big a decade or so back. anyone know who directed it? would love to see a video for airmiles now.

when was the last time someone made a proper video for a grime instrumental?!?!

never? lol

Elijah

Butterz
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

benjybars

village elder.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

yeah that's the only other instrumental video i could think of..

love this one.