GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

A few Grime producers are putting their beats up on Bandcamp. The Teeza EP's are really good and are about £3

G-Dub - Jezebel EP

Teeza - Riot Music EP

Teeza - Secret Level EP

S-X has given out a free EP that has got some good tunes on it:
http://www.filefront.com/16728457/S-X---producersx-Grime-EP.zip/
Woah
Sam
Slow Down
Playtime
Money 2
Man On The Bus
Model 1887
Hard No Homo
Bank Account

and Teddy & G Tank - Ghanaian Fire is really good, got a copy of it the other day.

@ paolo, thanks for buying the EP!

Simon78

Moony has got an EP on Bandcamp now as well. Hot & Cold and Ready are so good.

Moony - My Style EP

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A few Grime producers are putting their beats up on Bandcamp. The Teeza EP's are really good and are about £3

G-Dub - Jezebel EP

Teeza - Riot Music EP

Teeza - Secret Level EP

S-X has given out a free EP that has got some good tunes on it:
http://www.filefront.com/16728457/S-X---producersx-Grime-EP.zip/
Woah
Sam
Slow Down
Playtime
Money 2
Man On The Bus
Model 1887
Hard No Homo
Bank Account

and Teddy & G Tank - Ghanaian Fire is really good, got a copy of it the other day.

@ paolo, thanks for buying the EP!

Big up Teeza. really feeling his tunes. Did a pre-release interview with him for Riot http://bit.ly/dpb4ih

Simon78

Big up Teeza. really feeling his tunes. Did a pre-release interview with him for Riot http://bit.ly/dpb4ih

Yeah he is a great producer. You are right about those producers bringing the dance floor element back to Grime tunes. J beatz played loads of his new stuff at Chockablock the other day and they all sounded quality.

Splurt, Deset, Bleath, DarkToneSound, Jack Daniels & Sketch'E are all really good as well.

I really want this Splurt tune (it drops properly at 1:00)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

edit:
the Dun Know instrumental by Bleath is used on this Merky Ace tune

Last edited:

wise

bare BARE BONES
Bandcamp's a good look I wish more people would use it.
I love that it doesn't cost anymore if you want FLACs, does anyone know what the percentage split is if you sell your music this way?

Simon78

I think there will be a load more Grime producers putting their beats up there now a few of them have started.

How much does Bandcamp cost?
It's free. The money flows directly from the fan to you (through PayPal), and your only cost is their transaction fee.

Free!? Then how are you going to stay in business? In your answer, please use the non-word "monetization" at least twice.
Our monetization strategy boils down to the simple belief that we should only make money if you make money. So, at some point in the not-too-distant future, we'll begin taking a modest cut from download and merchandise revenue. We'll of course give everyone plenty of notice, and the cut will be very competitive with iTunes, Amazon, CDBaby, and the like (we want to provide you with every reason to direct your fans here first!). In the meantime, we've got plenty of cash in the bank (we're modestly venture funded by the fine folks at True), a low burn rate (we're all engineers and designers -- no HR VPs just yet), and a proud history of succeeding in the midst of a recession. (Past performance is not a guarantee of future returns. Monetization strategy subject to metamorphosis. Teamocil may cause numbness of the extremities.)

Eventually i'll stop posting scrufizzer videos

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

over a teeza beat

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

so's this

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
He's not given up music he's still recording every week and working on a CD. He's hosted a free Cd I did with a clothing company called DTA which is out July 3rd

continuum

smugpolice
Scrufizzer is sick and sounds like he wants to go places.

For me though I'm still supporting people like JME and Bruza who've both given interviews recently (see Bruza's here) where they speak about, in my mind, the true grime ethos of never selling out and remaining strictly underground.

Simon78

Just Jam looks good tomorrow. D Double E & Footsie are doing PA's over the Wooo Riddim and Double is doing a Street Fighter PA as well. P Money, Jammer & Blacks are also there.

Its on at the Albi on Kingsland Road from 8-11

new terminator!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>