GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

TNT

Showerlip
I.m.p Batch 1xtra Set Download!

Just alerting you to the set download in the mixes forum, I.M.P Batch on 1xtra, Saturday 18th November 2006:

check it here: http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=4895

**IMP Batch in the studio**

IMP Batch - I.M.P
IMP Batch - M.U.S.I.C (vocal)
IMP Batch – No Manners (Hitlerz Riddim)
IMP Batch – Reasons
IMP Batch – Movin’ Again
IMP Batch – Feat Natasha Beddingfield – Bruise Easily
IMP Batch – P.I.M.P. Batch
IMP Batch – Dear Diary
------RECORDING STARTS-----
IMP Batch – Broke One
IMP Batch – He Said This

**IMP Batch in the Mix**
TNT on deck, F Tizzle, Blaktar, Skatta, Smilez, Dockzman, Breezy, Super, Die-Verse on mic.

IMP Batch – Dock Your Boat
IMP Batch – Deep (Bring Your Body)
IMP Batch – Theatre Districtz
IMP Batch – This Week
IMP Batch – Country Riders
IMP Batch – Movin’ Again
IMP Batch – Ganja In Dub
IMP Batch – Macbeth
IMP Batch – Pimpossible
IMP Batch – Mix Up
Garna – Who’s That Girl
IMP Batch – Knot
Macabre Unit – Horror Show
IMP Batch – Dutty Winez
Macabre Unit – Killer Bee
IMP Batch – You Two
IMP Batch – Super Pimp Batch
Harm City – Merkavich
IMP Batch – M.U.S.I.C.
Garna – Boxed
IMP Batch– A Miracle (Remix)
J Mixer – Jordan Riddim
Scandalous Unlimited – Nasty Love remix
IMP Batch – Siren
Skepta – Dippin'
IMP Batch – You Know
NAT- Black Ops – Black Out
Bodyrox – Yeah Yeah
T Star – Unknown
IMP Batch – Dodged
IMP Batch – Hitler 2
IMP Batch – Unknown
IMP Batch – I'm First
Moby – Go
IMP Batch – Anger
IMP Batch – Clack

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Chronik is blatantly underrated. And I actually think he does some of the best hiphop tunes in the grime scene. Iron Eye and that one where he's talking about 'my mum hugged me/felt the bullet proof vest and she cried' with the Ooooh sample in it. Stiff. Too many good real grime tunes on there as well, Bumbaclot Badman, Way Down The Road, Run Em Outa Di War. He's an interesting dude, a lot of people don't have the full picture on him and thinks he's a cartoon character, he's actually pretty smart and complicated. He says a lot of horrible shit on the CD (see domestic violence) but I appreciate it on a sincerity level, he's really expressing a lot in his music because what he's talking about is largely really his life.

Also, it's not one of his tunes but Kraze's 'Zoots' is a badderman tune on there. If you like real grime this CD is definitely a must have.

tox

Factory Girl
"one day i went to Lidl,
i went to shoplift in lidl
that i got caught in lidl
now i don't go back to lidl

one day i went to asda
i went to shoplift in asda
that i got caught in asda
now i don't go back to asda'

pure genius. best pop-grime track for ages.
also interesting from a sociological point of view as it's the first grime track that i know of where the MC has got a heavy african accent

Just tracked this one down and it's an interesting bit of Grime. I've heard JME and Skepta make some references to their Nigerian heritage, but as you say this is probably a first for actually being MC-ed in a Nigerian accent (and there's actually some Yoruba slang thrown in there too).

gumdrops

YES! seriously, i think kronik is a better MC than wiley or JME (although 90% of babies are better than JME), and he just delivers his stuff with such hardcore force, i dont get why he isnt rated more. weirdly, i think most people would think hes big and dumb but his stories are actually a hell of a lot more interesting than wiley has been in ages, and he isnt afraid to let it all out and make proper full on grime, which is something ruff sqwad, BBK and virtually everyone else seem to be worried about doing. its like theyre STILL thinking of commercial success so arent really going all out. then again it might just be that kronik is naturally more inclined towards that side of things so maybe its unfair to measure all MCs by his standard.

viktorvaughn

YES! seriously, i think kronik is a better MC than wiley or JME (although 90% of babies are better than JME), and he just delivers his stuff with such hardcore force, i dont get why he isnt rated more. weirdly, i think most people would think hes big and dumb but his stories are actually a hell of a lot more interesting than wiley has been in ages, and he isnt afraid to let it all out and make proper full on grime, which is something ruff sqwad, BBK and virtually everyone else seem to be worried about doing. its like theyre STILL thinking of commercial success so arent really going all out. then again it might just be that kronik is naturally more inclined towards that side of things so maybe its unfair to measure all MCs by his standard.

cool, i'll bear that your point in mind when i give it a listen. i ordered that, friscos one, best of newham gens (pretty sure i have heard most of the tunes on there but never mind) and another i cant remember.

whats the set-up with slew dem, is it kronik some other MCs and DJs or what? Dont really know them beyond the grime riddim of course, 'way down the road' vinyl i got and a couple of others.

benjybars

village elder.

oh my days!!!! what are you on???!!!!

my mum is a better mc than kronik (actually to be fair my mum has got some pretty deep bars..)

he's unbelievably swag and nowhere near wiley... nowhere near.. at least with JME i can see why people wouldn't like him.. but i seriously don't see anything appealing about kronik at all..

lol @ kronik's 'stories'... he should get his own radio series.. 'book at bedtime with slewdem':)

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
oh my days!!!! what are you on???!!!!

my mum is a better mc than kronik (actually to be fair my mum has got some pretty deep bars..)

he's unbelievably swag and nowhere near wiley... nowhere near.. at least with JME i can see why people wouldn't like him.. but i seriously don't see anything appealing about kronik at all..

lol @ kronik's 'stories'... he should get his own radio series.. 'book at bedtime with slewdem':)

BLAZE MORE DAN U AT THE TABLE EAT MORE DAN U

Big reload bars, but I'm going to have to side with Benjy here. Not on Wiley's level (technically, Wiley's ideas of what makes a commercial record definetely knocks him down a few points), and definetely not on Skepta's level. [edit], but Skepta more embodies the spirit of grime that attracted me to the genre.

[edit] Here I said a positive thing about Chronik just to play devil's advocate, but no, I'm sorry, he's just swag other than Blaze More Dan U.

Last edited:

gumdrops

skepta is brilliant, i especially like his new meta verse about how we dont have to worry, cos hell "do all the classics" but kronik is still insanely good for sheer OTT 'i will fuck you up without blinking' appeal. hes sort of like the freddie foxxx or blaq poet of grime. i did used to think he was crap but ive warmed to him.

mos dan

fact music
going back to Tropical (cos it just arrived through the letterbox today) - um, I'm really really feeling it. respect to JME for pushing something new production wise. people who know more about this kinda thing than me tell me it's not strictly speaking 'funky', and i've got to say i'm loving the little familiar grime samples in it here and there (grime hauntology anyone? lol).

it's also the best bbk sleeve design by a million miles. everytime i look at the cover i want to wrench that straw off it. i just wish it was still summer!

viktorvaughn

'blaze more dan u' is pretty good. He is agressive but its in a kinda blunted, bassy way rather than the fast, downright nasty flow of say Ghetto's slew of Wiley which i find more agressive sounding. I think years of listening to hip-hop takes away the impression of violence that one should recieve from the music- that is why the double-time chat of Ghetto (or even eary dizzee tho im talking flow rather than lyrical content) sounds more violent than Chronik. Chronik is more hip-hop sounding as has been noted. 'Way down da road' and 'blaze more dan u' are both wicked tunes. The cover to the mixtape scares me tho - if u havent seen it, it is a super cheap looking design with photos of chronik posing with a shot gun and a bare chest!

JME's 'central london' is a refix/reinterpretation of Wiley's 'south london' (i think its called) right?

I swear there are 2 tunes on derkhead that sound like archetypal dubstep tunes sped up a bit!!

big satan

HA-DO-KEN!
chronik's mixtape is by far the worst record i've bought this year! he's terrible, his lyrics are obvious and unimaginative to the point of cretinhood (i'm at your door like mail!) and he spits the same verses on almost every track. based on what people were saying here i was expecting tracks on the same level of aggression as God's Gift & Riko's Dead That, which is one of my favourite grime tunes. I don't know how you can compare Chronik to freddie foxxx.

Last edited:

gumdrops

he has the occasional good line though, like when he said 'use the iron more than little mo'. its not really about lyrics though with him, its the fact he raps hard, very fast, and can actually flow properly while doing that. when i listen to jme or wiley for example, i sometimes wonder if theyve just lost concentration cos their flows are a bit clumsy or just not really 'tight' for the most part. kronik isnt going to make you think deeply about anything and hes no gods gift or riko but but he does what he does well.

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
Tropical is really good. It sounds so much like a lot of older 2-step, but the grimy sequencing under the chassis makes it feel relevant.

And yeah, the cover just makes you thirsty.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Just had Jez Welham demand a copy of Holiday to use as a bed for the traffic report on his weeknight show on Kiss. He loves it.

boomnoise

♫
i like tropical a lot too. i'm just not sure why it was mixed. any insight on that logan? the loose short mixes dont do the tracks any favours.