GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
since we're talking bars...

"when i say i roll with the dargs i don't mean well 'ard"

^this made me lol. i can see this meme going somewhere n all:

"i'm a big darg but i'm not goofy / only way you get gash is by slipping em roofies"

better than jammer's "i'm dirty, i'm dangerous / but i'm not dirty dangerous"

LAME! try harder!

mos dan

fact music
this BBK set from hyperfranks blog is great. im back on the good ship grime ;)

ya SEE? :D

oneaway style is gonna have to wait til i get home to d/l. big stuff tho!

and yeah, jamz is good on the set, i agree. i just get annoyed by lazy bars..

gumdrops

skepta sounds HYPE on this!

some of the beats are pretty sick too.

very nice :):):)

i dont care what anyone says about jammer, hes one of my fave grime MCs.

benjybars

village elder.
i dont care what anyone says about jammer, hes one of my fave grime MCs.

thing is, the majority of jammer's bars (apart form the dirty dangerous one;)) are actually really good... well constructed, good similes, funny etc... it basically comes down to whether or not you find his voice overly annoying. which i don't. :)

gumdrops

i agree. jammer is actually one of the best all rounders in grime. but no one seems to notice cos hes funny. cos you know, real mcs cant be funny!

bun-u

Trumpet Police
after the dirty dangerous bars, jammer goes on to spit about dirty canvas, so I can't complain.
Loving the BBK set too, what's the very last riddim?
The podcast suits grime perfectly, hopefully it'll help ditch attempts to push grime into the ill-fitting album format

mos dan

fact music
after the dirty dangerous bars, jammer goes on to spit about dirty canvas, so I can't complain.

yeah i felt a twang of pride about that too on your behalf.. though that's nothing compared to his BALHAM bars!! MY ENDZ! lol. "represent from illstone to clapham - to balham - any pussyole try a ting then clap im"

i don't think jammer's ever been to clapham or balham lol. nor would he want to. nor do i anymore. *grumblegrumble..yummymummys..bankerbastards..grumblegrumble*

gumdrops

this nike cd from logan is fire. nice work. i also highly re-recommend that UKRS mix cd that logan did - one of the best grime comps out there IMO.

i feel reconverted, lol.

Benny Bunter

That BBK set is massive. Never liked Ghetto up til now. So many good instrumentals I've not heard before, and further proof that JME is definitely not shit as some people would have you believe...

gumdrops

hes good when hes on the right beats. give him something too slow and his already gappy delivery gets gappIER, which can be a bit wince-inducing.

Benny Bunter

hes good when hes on the right beats. give him something too slow and his already gappy delivery gets gappIER, which can be a bit wince-inducing.

Fair point. There is a dodgy JME bit somewhere on this set when he's going on about his university degree which is pretty much how you describe above.

But he makes up for it in spades on the rest of it. That bit where he threatens to singe somebody's 'tache had me chuckling :)

hyperfrank

Wild Horses
ChockABlock Vs WoW - 23rd May

(Flyer soon finished)

LINE UP:

FLIRTA D

GHETTO

LOGAN SAMA (KISS)

TEMPA T

GRIMINAL

PMONEY

ROSSI B & LUCA (BBC 1XTRA)

SPYRO (Rinse)

VECTRA (Rinse)

BURGABOY

WITTYBOY

SILVERLINK

S.K.I.T.Z BEATZ

BOK BOK & MANARA

TOMB CREW

----------------------
Friday May 23rd

Egg Nightclub, Kings Cross, N7

Free b4 11

Email: clubchockablock@msn.com for £8.00 Guestlist

luka

thats a good set. skepta sounding good. jme not really sounding good, cos hes not very good.... frisco sounds like scratchy, but a shit version though... jammers a big mc.

everyone got ghetto on their mind cos they know hes better than them. simple as that.