GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
It's amazing how these guys can't put tracklistings together to save their lives. Someone on grimeforum said that every artist should be legally mandated to let Logan arrange and approve the tracks on their albums before they put them out and I might have to agree.

No Where's My Brother on RAT? No Nokia Charger Wire on MC? And why are Rolex Sweep and Sunglasses at Night bonus tracks? What is a bonus track anyway?

Why is Too Many Man on both albums?

I liked Killa P's last mixtape but it wasn't really a Killa P mixtape was it? It was a mix of good songs that Killa P has featured on. I thought it was a bit of a cop out - though I guess really that makes his "mixtape" more of a "mixtape." This one looks like it has a bit of that, but less. "Fat Mac 90" though? Come on.

mos dan

fact music
It's amazing how these guys can't put tracklistings together to save their lives. Someone on grimeforum said that every artist should be legally mandated to let Logan arrange and approve the tracks on their albums before they put them out and I might have to agree.

No Where's My Brother on RAT? No Nokia Charger Wire on MC? And why are Rolex Sweep and Sunglasses at Night bonus tracks? What is a bonus track anyway?

All very valid questions, agree completely about Logan being official curator, also yes, what is the point of a bonus track? It cheapens the CD, it's like slapping a 30% extra free sticker on: it's not cereal, it's a CD.

Too Many Man I think makes sense being on both, it's a crew effort and a big tune.

Killa P came up to me and my mate at the bus stop after the bug's album launch, and asked us if we'd been at third bass. We said yes, and he proceeded to thank us at length for coming along and supporting, very polite man. Lol.

faustus

All very valid questions, agree completely about Logan being official curator, also yes, what is the point of a bonus track? It cheapens the CD, it's like slapping a 30% extra free sticker on: it's not cereal, it's a CD.

sign of bloated rubbish

will not hesitate to download/ ignore skepta and wiley's albums, wouldnt dream of not copping killa p and frisco mixtapes come 18th may

cant be arsed with those typical questions of 'is grime going mainstream a good idea?', just will only spend ps on mixtapes, not ""albums""

Elijah

Butterz

Would agree with them getting approval of the DJs with the tracklistings..

Too many man needs to be on both albums, as it is the biggest tune right now, and it cant wait to appear on a BBK album, so you can get it either way..

The official tracklisting for RAT

* 1. She's Glowing
* 2. Livin' It Up
* 3. Eyes Of The Lord
* 4. Hummer Activity
* 5. Off Da Radar
* 6. The Olly
* 7. I Was Like You
* 8. Race Against Time
* 9. Too Many Man
* 10. Where's My Brother
* 11. Out Of The Game
* 12. Bang
* 13. Zip It Up
* 14. Average Worker
* 15. Time Flies By
* 16. Music I Like
ive bolded the tunes that will get played for years to come.. I aint heard most of these.

Bonus tracks are tunes that are on the cd, but not to be considered as part of the album theme I think.

Hopefully Skepta will do a free EP with a couple of the tunes that didnt make the album with instrumentals like he did after greatest hits on RWD Forum. Or just an instrumental CD, that would be heavy.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Who heard P Money's "Fruit & Veg" on Logan's show? uses a whole series of veg and fruit metaphors. it's clever, funny and surreal all at once...

alex

Do not read this.
nah havent heard that still...I have got the new Mayhem DVD with him & desperado on there, desperado is a killa

It's good, yes. Slightly more of a showcase for Lava Unit than a strict Badness CD but it's very good. Definitely worth copping.

More excited about the Killa P tape though, personally. That might be out already actually; either way I need to get it relatively soon.

Elijah

Butterz
Who heard P Money's "Fruit & Veg" on Logan's show? uses a whole series of veg and fruit metaphors. it's clever, funny and surreal all at once...

P money is sick for them sort of things. Check out Talking to my trainers and sounds and gimmicks on P Money is power

RAISED BY WOLVES

Yeah I'm also in the mindet that Killa P's will usurp everything else quietly. I only wish the cover was on the awful cover scale of the last CD really.

That said, the recent batch of road rap mixtapes (Crystal Meth, Konan & Krept's Redrum Vol 1, Fem Fel, FixDot'm & Buck's CD) are all better than any grime CD I've bought in possibly the last 6-8 months bar possibly Revolver's Grime Son.

Don't really think there's much interest for that side of things on here though, anyone thinking otherwise?

You already know where I'm at with this, but I'm weighing in just to go on the record in agreement.

I got one of them little 4 gig ipod nano jobs from my sister a while back, so I'm always roatating the tunes, and I SWEAR that at the moment, it's like 60-70% roadrap.

I didn't even really see it happening. I mean, I ignored Giggs for a while, but once I gave him a real listen and was feeling it, I had to see what the rest was about. While there is no shortage of mediocre crap, a lot of it is really, really good, and (from a states perspective) sounds fresh and original, not like that movement/chipmunk "bait hiphop" bullshit I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

I Remember someone on here (sickboy maybe?) saying that the whole roadrap/giggs thing was real fadish and wouldn't last. While it's only half a year later at most, I feel like it's only picking up speed. Be interested to see what happens in the years to come. I think it's pretty telling that Will and Skeppy are both forking over for the hollowman features on their upcoming albums to say the least...

Hmmmm.....

Nah, it's London wide. Your breakout MCs are primarily from South, thanks mostly to Giggs' association and status but it's all over the place.
"Redrum 1" is up there as one of the most consistent releases this year and they're from East, for example. That CD does touch on grime & funky/"grunky", admittedly.

I'll pass on those things tomorrow Luka, forgot all about it.