version

I think his beef was that it felt like she was just voted for as she was a woman. He had no issue with the fact its an experimental 4 hour repetitive piece lol.

Yeah, I mentioned that.

He said he felt it was 'woke' tampering to make sure the list suited the political climate.

As far as I know, he likes the film itself. He just viewed her taking the top spot as a thumb being put on the scale.

version

I told Luke to watch that one. Medieval banter. Scarred David Beckham. Whatever the fuck happens when he's swinging the sword.

craner

Beast of Burden
Hardcore Guy Ritchie fans praising the innovative editing while ignoring the wonderous spectacle of Jude Law playing a proto-fascist cockney King.

craner

Beast of Burden
There's that bit where they do this snappy geezer back and forth about some deal that went down like they're in Lock, Stock... .

There is a lot going on in this film. Late style. Self-parody. Technical innovations. Revising old themes. Cashing in. Having a laugh. Wish fulfilment. Creative despair.

version

It opens with this big battle with colossal elephants and one has a pyramid on its back that a wizard lives in.

craner

Beast of Burden
Why has nobody thought of casting Victoria Beckham as an evil femme fatale queen in a film like this? She'd be phenomenal.

version

Guinness ad King Arthur for The Lads.

gg9-excalibur.gif