Clothes

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Wooo, gotta love that reassurance.
One thing I would have to say about Glasgow, even though I love it and so forth, is that so many of the men you see about wear these horrible shapeless, drab clothes. Stuff that certainly isn't smart in any way, but on the other hand isn't what you would call 'casual' in terms of being fun or exciting. Personally I am in favour of dressing up quite smartly but don't want to stand out as too much of a ponce.

Bitchy rant for the night over. :)

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
In this instance it's spot on, though - wearing a scarf indoors with only a shirt or light sweater under it is tantamount to a sandwich board saying "Please beat me up" in my book.

Ha, I'm wearing a scarf indoors right now.

But it's not an outdoor scarf, it's an indoor scarf.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag

I think the best chance you have at the pants in the second pic would be at a higher end men's vintage boutique like the kind they have in SoHo or the LES...not sure where they'd have em in your city but I'm sure they exist...or you could look at online vintage stores...

The coats in the first pic are good, I just bought this coat in black (and another coat, and another long cardigan vest, and some shoes) and decided it's time to stop buying clothes for at least a few months.

56680675-02.jpg

STN

sou'wester
Re vintage clothes in melbourne, my mate has a blog entirely about her vintage purchases there, so I guess there must be a fair amount of shops for that sort of thing.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I realized the other day that virtually my entire wardrobe consists of things that I have found, things that I have stolen, and things that have been given to me as gifts. Aside from a few items, none of it has been purchased by me.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I realized the other day that virtually my entire wardrobe consists of things that I have found, things that I have stolen, and things that have been given to me as gifts. Aside from a few items, none of it has been purchased by me.

The next logical step, then, is to start making your own clothes.

STN

sou'wester

do you have any trousers?

generally i only have tops and hats in the found/stolen/bequeathed category.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ha, I'm wearing a scarf indoors right now.

But it's not an outdoor scarf, it's an indoor scarf.

Er, that's probably OK then. Must be a girl thing, I've not heard of indoor scarves, unless you count neckerchiefs or cravats. Or those checked Yasser Arafat things.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
do you have any trousers?

Actually, that is one of the items I did buy myself. I have one pair of jeans purchased by me, and another pair that I have no idea where they came from... which now I've thought about it worries me a bit.
The next logical step, then, is to start making your own clothes.

Has anyone actually done this? I don't mean knitted scarves or mittens either. I'd be really impressed - especially if it were shoes.

Or those checked Yasser Arafat things.

AKA: Douche-rags.

Last edited:
S

simon silverdollar

Watched half of it before I gave up on the "edgy" camera angles and zooming and panning.
I was getting dizzy and it wasn't that much was being said.
Ozwald should have - er - taken out his scissors and cut this program in half ...

great clothes, but he's a bit of a humourless prick isn't he?

mms

sometimes
Watched half of it before I gave up on the "edgy" camera angles and zooming and panning.
I was getting dizzy and it wasn't that much was being said.
Ozwald should have - er - taken out his scissors and cut this program in half ...

me too, yeah an interview of him watching the interview, umm.... too much vanity, yeah he did seem pretty humourless!

petergunn

plywood violin
i think that YSL/Vannier video has been here before, whatever it's an amazing video...

i have been rocking a vintage 70's red velour Pierre Cardin boxer's robe lately... makes eating leftovers on the couch seem swinging and sophisticated...

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
i'm constantly envying the selection women have.
oh yeah. most certainly. men's clothes selections just remind me how much i hate the male stereotype.
the tyranny of men's fashion is pretty mind-boggling tho.
hmmm, the big debate today is what cut of trousers we should ALL HAVE TO wear...
women really do have it much better when it comes to clothes.

that's where us trannies have the drop on the rest of you: we have the full range at our disposal :)

Buying clothes to fit the skeletal male frame is a nightmare.
i am such a skinny white boy that i went into marks and spencers to buy a pair of smart trousers and they didnt go down to my waist size. outraged.

try the women's section ;)