Clothes

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
not really. i see you are in NY. odin has a ton of gear on their online store that is on clearance. barneys also carries the line. hejfina (chicago) also sells EG on their online store.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
I really like the jackets on Odin. My bf gets jackets at G-Star usually (somewhat expensive but they last forever) but I think he'd like these too.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
they are doing a women's line too called Fenwick
haven't seen any in person but i expect the quality would be on par

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
i have been curious about old town for a little while now have you any?

No. I just like the concept, the clothes are almost too British though. They remind me of that bloke (Guy Hills) cycling on his old-school bike wearing 30s style clothes on "British Style Genius" (a silly title for what was en excellent series). I could not find the cycling bit, but his approach seems similar to old town,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/britishstylegenius/content/21898.shtml

(show no longer available on iplayer, but seems to be on the normal torrent sites)

nomadthethird

they are doing a women's line too called Fenwick
haven't seen any in person but i expect the quality would be on par

This is very Greenpoint artist/metalworks sculptor.

PS This is not a bad thing, I used to live in the same loft as Tara Donovan and that African guy who does huge paintings (forget his name)...until the chemical sprays and dust gave me asthma

Last edited:

nochexxx

harco pronting
^ yes!

here is a photo of me in my sugar cane hawaii's (the natural indigo ones):
nottodaylh0.jpg

haha, reminds me of that kool keith photo maintaining his leftfield food stocks

zhao

there are no accidents
I used to live in the same loft as Tara Donovan and that African guy who does huge paintings (forget his name)...until the chemical sprays and dust gave me asthma

Tara Donovan is awesome. love her work. do you mean Chris Ofili the elephant dung painter?

artwork_images_759_49684_chris-ofili.jpg

nomadthethird

Tara Donovan is awesome. love her work. do you mean Chris Ofili the elephant dung painter?

artwork_images_759_49684_chris-ofili.jpg

Tara Donovan is definitely awesome, I was so psyched when someone told me she had an exhibition at the Met earlier this year.

We lived on the same floor not in the same apt. She had a big dog that was loud.

The African guy wasn't Chris Ofili, his name was harder to pronounce...he was probably 50 or 60, too.

ripley

[

not quite as slick as the $1,100 boots i posted on the previous page, but i love them. only thing is lack of traction, can be a bit of bother walking on slippery surfaces... but also fun: i'm the grown ass man sliding across alexanderplatz like a 5 year old...

I meant to post before, zhao you can get a layer added to the soles that makes them more grippy. It's invisible from above, but handy if you're really losing your balance. There used to be (2 years ago) a cobbler on Pappelallee near Eberswalder str. U-Bahn, pretty close to the station..

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
there is a massive vintage u.s. workwear market in japan. see 'free & easy' magazine, which is an obsessively detailed monthly which pours over chambray shirts and boots down to the construction and stitching. and it's not even a trade magazine! some of it is so funny, like tips on how to wrap a scarf around your neck or 'properly' fade your 501s.

there is a store here in LA called mister freedom, which is basically the concept mentioned above, but in addition to all of that, they sell vintage midcentury japanese textiles as well as indigenous pattern-based woven & embroidered jams from central & south america, as well as 70$ back issues of free & easy. american vintage at japanese prices, what's not to love!

interestingly, there is a house brand, sugar cane, which is run by folks from japan, but is manufactured (again, on japanese looms) upstairs at mr. freedom and then sold back to the japanese market for a handsome sum.

This kinda really turns me on. Japanese workwear pron I think is something I may have to delve into further. Thank you!

luka

wear can i get some trousers like james brown or the impressions used to wear? slim fitting, razor creased ankle swingers in a variety of fetching colours such as baby blue and pink and black?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
So what I want to know is, is it at all possible for a youngish bloke to wear a scarf without looking horribly like a poseur/hipster type? Because I've always fancied myself in one.

john eden

male pale and stale
So what I want to know is, is it at all possible for a youngish bloke to wear a scarf without looking horribly like a poseur/hipster type? Because I've always fancied myself in one.

scarf with what, tho?

scarf with overcoat, outside - surely this is an open and shut functional but stylish classic?

scarf without coat, inside - not really, in my opinion (which it has to be said is near valueless regarding clothing in general).

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
scarf without coat, inside - not really, in my opinion (which it has to be said is near valueless regarding clothing in general).

In this instance it's spot on, though - wearing a scarf indoors with only a shirt or light sweater under it is tantamount to a sandwich board saying "Please beat me up" in my book.