Clothes

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
I've seen quite a lot of photos of women in wide, pleated, man trousers lately...not surprised to see this new YSL line.

D

droid

The guys who make the best hoodies in the world are having a half price sale:

http://dunderdon-euro.stores.yahoo.net/products-mens-sweats-s18-olof.html?7866&7867&7868&7869&7870&

I picked up a couple more today despite the fact that I have about 10 in various colours already!

Size wise, Large would be baggy but comfortable on the average sized frame. Skinny malinks should go for medium. I usually go for mens medium (which are getting tighter every year! ;)), or ladies large as I prefer the fit.

swears

preppy-kei
I have a theory that short men look awful in leather jackets. I'm 5'7 and they always look crap on me, you've got to be at least 5'10 to suit them.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
steve mcqueen = 5'7"

stevemcqueen50308lgyx6.jpg

zhao

there are no accidents
i'm also 5'7", and leather jackets like me a lot. not the one worn by steve mcqueen tho... i hate those kind of collars, especially brown, especially with those kind of sleeves.

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
as we are talking of Clothes. Mad Men is back on British screens this week and boy are these ladies&gents sharply dressed. There was a dress-up of modern advertising types dressed as Mad Men characters last week in the Times,

Mad_Men_476017a.jpg

Most of these guys looks like they are wearing funny ill-fitted Al Capone suits (check the guy on the far right) rented from the local fun shop. You would have thought the stylists would have been able to do better and make it look more like below. It's all about the fit [a sloppy dresser myself (what with the snow and all here in London), but you can admire the sharpness of the suits and the fit of dresses on this show]. The head honcho does not have to wear shoes ...

mad_men_1.jpg

Last edited:

nochexxx

harco pronting
i really loved this show! primarily for all the think tank scenes at sterling cooper.

mad men that is not knight rider.

Last edited:

nochexxx

harco pronting
one of these days my favourite beer company will make clothes. and i'd buy them if they were printed on quality threadsl.

orval.jpg

zhao

there are no accidents
that beer has an architypally bad logo but don't know why i like it. ha, and i just looked it up and realized i designed the mad men logo :D should check out the show now that people are saying it's good

Last edited:

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
Is is good. Like The Wire it's a bit of a grower. It might be too stylish for its own good though, and there is an insane amount of smoking (inc pregnant women).

The second series starts this week over here, hopefully they don't screw it up (Wire: did not screw up until the last series, Dexter: second series episode 10 to be exact. Major screw up in the storyline, so bad I might give up after this series).

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
The second series starts this week over here, hopefully they don't screw it up (Wire: did not screw up until the last series, Dexter: second series episode 10 to be exact. Major screw up in the storyline, so bad I might give up after this series).

More like Dexter episode 1

zhao

there are no accidents
how did you not know that?

when it's busy i work on 3 or more shows a week, either titles or logos. with each minor project there are roughly a dozen designers who submit versions, with major projects, like a feature film, there can be as many as 100, represented by different firms competing for the prize. (the stuff on my site is a small fraction of the work that i actually do) sometimes mine get chosen by the studios, most times not. the design firms i deal with never bother to tell artists if their work ended up on the product - just too much. i used to diligently check each one, but have long since given up... just jaded and don't really care anymore it's just a job innit. and i have not watched any TV in about 5 years..

but it's nice once in a while to see something i did on a billboard or film poster or on the nets :) but it's usually the most boring solution i presented... :(

zhao

there are no accidents
and that's another super annoying thing: these studios pay up the ass sometimes for a logo and then they use different crap versions with no regard to brand consistency. or even worse, they'll sometimes chuck the winning design altogether a few months down the road, and use some bullshit their intern drew up.

this is the version i did (with a stupid extra space between the 2 words) which was chosen, and it's on the AMC website:

section_hdr_madmen_01.jpg

not this:

you mean this?

Mad_Men.jpg

another example is the Man VS. Wild logo. this is mine, chosen by the network as the "final, official" logo:

mvw_9.png

and i was fucking ticked off when i first saw what ended up on air, while drying off at the gym one day (i think i actually started yelling at the TV, much to the amusement of other worker outers):

ManvsWild.jpg

and since then they've been using a bastardized version of the original:

ManVsWild_Coll1_final.jpg

but then on the season 2 DVD it was one of my originals which had more texture again:

man-vs-wild-season-2-bear-grylls-dvd-cover-art.jpg

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

i guess it's what happens when a bunch of upper management morons in a retard committee call the shots according to their idiotic whims.

Last edited:

nochexxx

harco pronting
thanks ness, look forward to reading that when i get the time. this should hopefully shed some light regarding the shows authenticity, which was discussed / pulled apart in another thread round here.

and thanks for the info zhao, very interesting! gotta hate them upper level a-hole purse strings controllers.