Clothes

Leo

Not exactly new, but I quite like old-style adidas eg Gazelles. Red ones at the moment, either with plain socks and cords or if it's hot with no socks and my climbing 3/4 lengths.

yeah, my other sneaker option for the past few years has been a basic old-school black adidas samba. for cooler weather, suede desert boots have been popular here lately, might give them a look.

thanks all for suggestions, more always welcome.

petergunn

plywood violin
yeah, my other sneaker option for the past few years has been a basic old-school black adidas samba. for cooler weather, suede desert boots have been popular here lately, might give them a look.

thanks all for suggestions, more always welcome.

copped these for my summer shoes this year:

adidas_samba_bluwt_med.jpg

alex

Do not read this.
ordered my beardhead yesterday, thanks for bringing those to my attention, fucking amazing, best £25 ive spent since I can remember.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Going to buy some much-needed new trainers this afternoon. Dissensus fashionistas, you've got about an hour to tell me what I should get. ;)

Leo

Going to buy some much-needed new trainers this afternoon. Dissensus fashionistas, you've got about an hour to tell me what I should get. ;)

probably too late by this point...what did you get? as mentioned upthread, i'd probably go with a pair of old-school adidas samba.

CHAOTROPIC

on account
I've been VERY happy with a pair of Supra Skytop's I pickup up on a recent trip to the US. Gunny black TUF - black upper & dark grey sole. I wore them all open at the top & sloppy at first & that was nice, just slip-on & off, very comfy, but I switched a while ago from black to grey waxed laces & laced them tight all the way up ... suddenly they look very very smart, kindof boxing bootish but more comfy & without the whiff of Hoxtonish twattery. Best trainers I ever had. & the stash pocket has proved VERY handy for those absolutelycan'tbewithoutspeedbuthow?? moments.

"For some reason the coloured souls get less heel drag than the regular white ... I was kindof tired of having a dirty soul." ;)

CHAOTROPIC

on account
This is probably going to be completely obvious to everyone but it wasn't to me & it's totally revolutionised the way I dress, etc, so here goes:

Allocating a monthly dry-cleaning budget.

What. A. Difference. It. Makes. :eek:

Dunno how I ever justified buying nice clothes in the past.

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Is it too late to get a Barbour quilted jacket?

Yes, at least in any major city in the UK because everyone and their dad either had a Barbour quilted or a high street ripoff.

I went for a Norse Projects waxed cotton effort this winter:

173_ae179826ed-big.jpg

Very happy with it.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
So not long after getting my head around what to wear at the old job (smart end of smart casual, so chinos + shirt in the end) I'm on to a new one (casual end of smart casual) and am after getting some casual shirts to wear with jeans.

Any ideas about where does decent ones for not too dear?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Don't know if you're in London or not Slothrop, but if so, there are some great shops round Liverpool St/Petticoat Lane market area.