Minimal house anthems

dogger

Sweet Virginia
sebbo - beirut boogie? definitely gets my award for most distinctive use of horns in a minimal track 2007

nope, not that one, tho it is a tune...and it's not the smith n hack remix either. it's *hunting horns* we're looking for...i suspect it hasn't been released yet.

@ sodium nightlife: hector works at phonica (in london). looking forward to hearing his mix, but unfortunately my itunes won't download it...

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
ra were having some problems with itunes but is fixed now...at least i managed to download it. It's got one of the remixes of rose rouge on it that i was talking about it earlier...there#s a few different versions floating around.

childrentalking

the Rose Rouge thing is confusing. there are two versions available on peer to peer, the first of which is the 'original' Rhadoo re-edit (with the jazzy snares and endlessly repeating "I want you to get together"). that's in Villalobos' Harry Klein set from earlier in the year... (March). but then he plays a second remix of it later on in the set which is different (endlessly repeats just the "get together, get together, get together, get together" instead). and then there's that version Luciano's been playing recently (w/ the "Put your ha-aa-aa-nds together"). god knows what they're playing now...

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
the one ricardo played at fabric had the putyour hands together bit in it....there's a million zillion versions apparently. goddamn ableton making re-edits easy or something....:p

DJ PIMP

Heater is alright... doing zany things like dropping in accordians and what not is a bit wahey matey for me.

Its not minimal at all, more a maximal peaktime dancefloor cum track, but what about Roman Salzgers 'Sunday Night Shuffle'? Massive Tune. Best synths I've heard all year. For those opposed to the sounds of female pleasure theres an instrumental.

DJ PIMP

Also, Anthony Rother & DJ Hell - Don't Worry - Xenia Beliayeva remix

And speaking of Hell... his mix of Dominator by Human Resource is big, and I love his mix of Seelenlufts Horse With No Name cover, but due to the gott verdammte regional licensing restrictions haven't been able to purchase it (the 9 minute version).

elgato

I just dont know
i take back everything i said about Fourges et Sabres, i got it in the post last night and its absolutely beautiful. rhythmically so deep too. that mid-section is sick, so energetic, but so delicate! thanks again to childrentalking for pulling me up on it

also amongst others i got Danton Eeprom - These Eyes which is pretty phenomenal

turtles

in the sea
soul capsule "waiting 4 a way" on perlon is so lush and deep. Thomas Melchior and baby ford are a pretty unstoppable combination.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
yes! and beauty and the beat on the flip is equally as stunning, plus i reckon yo could actually play it out, though it'd need to be a very forgiving floor.

childrentalking

i think you could play both sides out providing it was day number two of clubbing (aka forgiving i suppose). 'waiting 4 a way' right as the shutters open at panoramabar would be pretty perfect. (i imagine you're meant to layer something underneath the sections without the melody?)