Minimal house anthems

zhao

there are no accidents
very much enjoying Total 8 at the moment. nothing new, simple, straightforward, good song writing even... lush, comfortable, and just good wibez, good wibez.

zhao

there are no accidents
you're right. i spoke too soon. it gets pretty boring. maybe if i delete about half the tracks it'll make a solid single album.

by far the BEST house music I've heard this year is not really house music... i mean it absolutely is... whatever it is, it's infectious as hell.

cincoanosdesquef.jpg

http://www.souljazzrecords.co.uk/releases/?id=7417

DJ PIMP

Well if you're posting that... what about The Elektrons "Dirty Basement", m-m-m-mega tune.

#1 in SA according to a Youtube comment.

DJ PIMP

Don't know baby... maybe your flex is fluxed? Haha.

I jest, having only discovered them yesterday myself... their mix of the Bugz cover of Don't Stop the Music is great, and they have this other track Joy I like thats impeccable sounding gospel house.

I also like Drug Punk Lady by T-Rek a lot, but thats a different beast entirely. Stompy electro sleaze rock sing-a-long. Pretty great...

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Take out the accordion sample and you have a pretty standard minimal track. And there's nothing wrong with the sample either...it's fun. If Villalobos can do it...

I fail to be embarassed by it. Total summer tune. You can be running away from melodies all the time.

And I love the way the track never stands still but changes throughout. Sure it's not minimal but that's neither here nor there.

Also, delicate is the best word to describe Luciano's productions.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
mandy dropped heater last night and no one apart from me and a friend knew what it was...the effect on the floor was just amazing, everyone was just going crazy. Luciano is increasingly taking more and more of my heart haha...he's just amazing.

childrentalking

and I love melody, summer tunes, slightly cheesey house music etc -- my problem is with Heater itself being shit than jolly tunes!

my summer jam came out about the same time as Heater but is a reissue from 1996. side A on this: http://hardwax.com/54426/

now that's good times in a tune... not a linedance like Heater

elgato

I just dont know
its clear that Heater is quite a different thing to the average summer tune... but the thing i love about it (apart from it being addictive and fun) is that its got absolutely no respect for what is perceived appropriate or tasteful, nor for what counts as 'good' in the scene i.e. structures, abstraction etc. its just a banging rhythm and a jokes sample, and thats almost it

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
sorry i was drunk last night when i wrote that rather gushing post. I'm sure some people did know what it was....but i'm guessing the majority didn't, and the people around me, when that accordion came in were just like...what the fuck is this. I suppose once that has worn off then yeh it will get annoying, but people seem to miss the fact that the beat behind it is actually class as well.

elgato

I just dont know
lol shame on you. no i absolutely know what you mean about luciano, he seems like such a dan, there are occassionally figures in music for whom i develop a particular affection, and he is definitely one. you can just hear that he is a beautiful person from the music he makes, its so warm and gentle. and for remixing Yamore like that I'll always love him! i was really into Moffou at that time, then i heard that and it was like oh.

Leo

speaking of summer tunes...ok, not exactly minimal and about a year old but i can't stop listening to "sun can't compare" by larry heard/mr. white. seems to have popped up on a few mix cds of late, a nice soulful summer groove.

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Yeah, Merluche Ideale is a great track. It's like they read my mind. I was relistening to Kevin Saunderson's Deep Space Radio mix and being all upset that I will never find that tune and then find out that it's reissued a couple weeks later. Dobre & Zki totally ran things for a couple years there in the mid-90's.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
i'd never been to wae before cos i'd heard it was horrible but it was actually ok for mandy...helped that the people around me were all pilled up spanish gays, so they knew how to have fun and not be moody and aggressive like the usual scottish crowds.

EDIT: Cassy - somelightuntothenight

gorgeous.

Last edited: