BAD PUNS: Breaking News, Lies, Gossip, etc

adruu

This Is It
There's a Mexican Restaraunt in Houston called Ninfa's...

I thought Ninfamaniacs would be a good slogan for their frequent customer program but I was flatly rejected.

nomos

Administrator
along the same lines and sort of punny, a 'garden and herb' shop near where i grew up had the post code P0T 2G0

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If I were a political writer I don't think I'd be able to resist the temptation to call Tony Blair the 'Pry Minister' when talking about the surveillance culture.

zhao

there are no accidents
just saw an Ace of Crates somewhere enroute to an exhibition... i wanted to check it out cuz maybe it's a great record shop but didn't have time... doubt it though.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
There's a furniture shop near me called Chester Draws. (I don't live anywhere near Chester.) And another slightly more upmarket one called Pinewood Studios.

The best unconfirmed ones I've heard are the Arab / Israeli cheese shop called Cheeses of Nazareth and the kebab van in Australia called Jason's Donner Van...

hucks

Your Message Here
The best unconfirmed ones I've heard are the Arab / Israeli cheese shop called Cheeses of Nazareth and the kebab van in Australia called Jason's Donner Van...

Similarly unconfirmed but nonetheless great is Lino Ritchie. I think it's in Dublin somewhere.

S

simon silverdollar

for this festival that i helped organise last summer the sign for the dance tent read:

"now is the summer of our disco tent".

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
for this festival that i helped organise last summer the sign for the dance tent read:

"now is the summer of our disco tent".

Ha ha, that reminds me... there was an outdoors shop near us that once advertised a winter tent sale with "now is the winter of our discount tents".

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Edit: I heard about a camping/outdoor supplies type shop that was seen with a sign in the window saying "Now is the winter of our discount tents". Puntastic.

Funny echo in here... ;)

Also, this occurred to me today:

Q. What do you call an Iranian who's just spilled gravy down himself in a posh restaurant?

A. Ahmedinnerjacket!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I love stupid little jokes, as in the following exchance:

Me: "Sweet dreams"
Her: "You too"
Me: "Nah, that was Eurythmics, wasn't it?"
Her: *has a spirited attempt at kicking me out of bed*

I also like this two-part joke:

"A woman walks into a cocktail bar and asks for a 'double entrendre', so the barman gives her one.
A sound engineer walks in after her, so the barman gives him one, too."

Last edited:

tom pr

I noticed this morning that there's a clothes shop on Baker Street with a sign that says 'WE WILL DYE FOR YOU'