bandshell

Grand High Witch
Those youtube comments that say "... people were affected in some way by something related to this vid and hit the dislike button".

Those youtube comments that say "I like the bit where..." and it's the main part of the video.

Those youtube comments that say "I like the bit from 0:00 to the end of the video"

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Fucking O2 trying to sell me a bunch of shit I don't need or want via a recorded message that lasts approximately a hundred years before actually letting me top up my credit. :mad:

Client Eastwood

Fucking O2 trying to sell me a bunch of shit I don't need or want via a recorded message that lasts approximately a hundred years before actually letting me top up my credit. :mad:

I've had that too. 'Mr D before we can authorise this we need to read this short message' and then they proceed to read from a script for 'yonks'. I put the phone on speaker and lost all interest and then all of a sudden 'Mr D do you understand the T & C's? I felt like saying no could you just repeat them for me.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Cheques still taking days to clear in 2010, whats the story.

I think banks do it because they can avoid paying interest to the payee while the money is in this totally unnecessary 'limbo' for a few days, but since it's already left the payer's account, s/he doesn't receive interest either. There's obviously no technological justification these days, it's just a cheeky way to rip people off a little bit each time.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Yep. Also quite annoying is spending a decent chunk of your working time correcting other peoples' mistakes and ommissions. But hey-ho, I'm sure others have had to do similar things for me in the past.

Now been doing exactly this fairly solidly for the last two days, feeling the need to vent again. *bangs head against desk* :mad:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Those youtube comments that say "... people were affected in some way by something related to this vid and hit the dislike button".

Those youtube comments that say "I like the bit where..." and it's the main part of the video.

Those youtube comments that say "I like the bit from 0:00 to the end of the video"

But don't you see what they've done there?!?!

x people read dislike as dis i like.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
One of my all time favourites.
Its absolutely insane the stuff people find will to argue about.

perception03 (6 hours ago)
There's not a chance in hell that Phil Jupitus is a millionaire.

heavyrocklegend (6 hours ago)
lol ull be suprised

His combined TV + Radio salary is 200k per year. So yes, I would be very surprised.

1. where do you get your facts from?
2. think of all of his possessions that he already owns
3. how many years has he worked in his life?

perception03(6hours ago)
1. You're
2. A
3. Twat

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
One of my all time favourites.
Its absolutely insane the stuff people find will to argue about.

There's not a chance in hell that Phil Jupitus is a millionaire.

lol ull be suprised

His combined TV + Radio salary is 200k per year. So yes, I would be very surprised.

1. where do you get your facts from?
2. think of all of his possessions that he already owns
3. how many years has he worked in his life?

perception03(6hours ago)
1. You're
2. A
3. Twat

That's the best comeback I've ever read. Bardlike. I started a thread on genius youtube comments a while back...neevr took off though :(

unknown soulja

Wild Horses
Doesn't do my head in as such but wondered if anyone could shed any light on this: Why do Italian restaurants in England distribute pepper using gigantic grinders? my girlfriend is Italian and maintains this is not done in Italy (an assertion backed up by the restaurants ive been to when visiting Milan with her) so why do we do it? Is it typical to one specific part of Italy or is it just a bit of theatre used to make Italian restaurants seem exotic?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Doesn't do my head in as such but wondered if anyone could shed any light on this: Why do Italian restaurants in England distribute pepper using gigantic grinders? my girlfriend is Italian and maintains this is not done in Italy (an assertion backed up by the restaurants ive been to when visiting Milan with her) so why do we do it? Is it typical to one specific part of Italy or is it just a bit of theatre used to make Italian restaurants seem exotic?

It's a cock thing. The damn things even have a bell-end. I think they do it specifically when there's a couple eating, so the waiter can grin laciviously at the woman and sneer at the bloke, "I bet yours isn't this big", etc.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Volunteers who seem to be pissed off that they actually have to do some work, and that some of this work may be rather repetitive in nature. :mad: Ffs - don't volunteer if you don't want to volunteer. It's quite simple.

I never saw Hale and Pace. I can only count this as a blessing.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Wimmin who have no idea how to work stereo equipment and repeatedly demand your presence in the other room at a party because "the amp's not working properly", i.e. someone's turned the volume down to about 10% on the music player on the laptop and it hasn't occurred to any of them that this might be the problem. :mad:

D

droid

He's right, though -- there's no way Phil Jupitus is as millionaire.

I dunno. Appearance fees, salary, DVD sales and royalties - combine them with some prudent investments over the mid-long term and some clever tax evasion to cover his pie consumption and I think he might have hit a million at some point.

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
I dunno. Appearance fees, salary, DVD sales and royalties - combine them with some prudent investments over the mid-long term and some clever tax evasion to cover his pie consumption and I think he might have hit a million at some point.

I was thinking the same, at that salary he's probably got an accountant finding a way of not paying full PAYE tax, and he's probab;y got someone making half decent investments with some of his healthy wedge (possibly in the burgeoning pie industry). Not out of the question for sure.

Doing my head in: Twice this week, people coming in to my work for the last 45-60 mins, trying on various items, asking a ton of questions, and leaving a total mess without buying anything. Why would you spend that amount of time in a small shop if you don't intend to buy anything? Some shoppers are just cunts. I hate retail.