Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
What happened at FWD last night? I was listening in on Rinse FM, Skream was playing a surprisingly great set, and then all of a sudden he got cut off abruptly, and the MC is apologizing and telling everyone to head for the door.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
^police shut it down, supposedly as they'd gotten wind that fwd intended to go past the 1am curfew, although dunno if that's accurate - i had left by that point. couldn't handle the sweat anymore!

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
most places alcohol licenses are shortened on sundays innit - last orders at 10:30 and all that. maybe 'curfew' is the wrong word but you know what i mean.

i know fwd has gone overtime a couple of times since it moved to sunday but, in general, police don't mess about when it comes to "urban" events on carnival weekend.

gumdrops

^police shut it down, supposedly as they'd gotten wind that fwd intended to go past the 1am curfew, although dunno if that's accurate - i had left by that point. couldn't handle the sweat anymore!

police were prob listening live on rinse lol.

rinse podcasts rarely work for me either. wanted that last marcus nasty one but still cant get it.

alex

Do not read this.
I have that Gumdrops, the latest one? will upload later.

According to him Napa was dead-ish this year, same as any island though 2bh.

wise

bare BARE BONES
works for me? are you trying more than 2 at a time?? (are you being greedy! :p)

No just one set.
Had problems getting the last Dusk & Blackdown when they'd just changed to the new site. Was presuming they'd have sorted it by now but just tried for the Alex Nut / Floating Points.
No joy:(

Blackdown

nexKeysound
the trick for getting the rinse podcasts to load seems to be to get the quicktime file to load in your browser then wait until the slider appears. once thats running 'save as' and you'll avoid the 0Kb download issue...

zhao

there are no accidents
this broken beat IDM-ish intricate programming thing happening, like stuff on planet mu.

don't like it.

zhao

there are no accidents
Which stuff?

every single track on the new "Mu School" comp is terrible. like slow and aimless inept drill and bass -- funkless no dub no step dubstep.

and not feeling the jazzanova dub-cheese of Faulty DL either.

sorry for negativity but as Beavis said if nothing sucked how would you know what was cool.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
every single track on the new "Mu School" comp is terrible. like slow and aimless inept drill and bass -- funkless no dub no step dubstep.

and not feeling the jazzanova dub-cheese of Faulty DL either.

sorry for negativity but as Beavis said if nothing sucked how would you know what was cool.

I just had a look at the track list. I reckon Floating Points' 'K & G Beat' is great, am guessing the Neil Landstrumm track would probably be quite fun, but agree with the general sentiment.

But then in over a decade I've only heard 3 or 4 tracks on Planet μ that I really like, and two of them are the A and B sides of that Floating Points 12". I guess I never got drill'n'bass, so don't see why I'd like the next flavour of dance genre parasitism...