unclerico

(last post beat me to it but what i was going to say was)

well i guess i would disagree but i am imagining it with vastly better sound quality on a huge system and no n type blabbing on the top...

One Louder

Wild Horses
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Haven't been feeling Skreams tunes for a while, but I'm really liking the sound of this...

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Haven't been feeling Skreams tunes for a while, but I'm really liking the sound of this...

er, this is from 2005 though, right? And really, not feeling his recent stuff...??? Guess you like the darker stuff a lot, but I think he's sounding phenomenal recently (though I really love this clip too)

does he say "when Fwd wasn't empty"??

OK, edit, this clip is fucking AMAZING. What else did he do that's as dark and sludgy as this, without much wobble?

Last edited:

One Louder

Wild Horses
er, this is from 2005 though, right? And really, not feeling his recent stuff...??? Guess you like the darker stuff a lot, but I think he's sounding phenomenal recently (though I really love this clip too)

does he say "when Fwd wasn't empty"??

OK, edit, this clip is fucking AMAZING. What else did he do that's as dark and sludgy as this, without much wobble?

Yeah Sweets is 2005, Angry World is the more recent, like maybe early 2006, not sure....
And yeah, a lot of Skreams recent output just hasn't been my bag, possibly Minimalistix and Percression, the last two Skreamisms didn't leave major dents in the consciousness...
The Ital plate is incredible (Angry/Traitor) though more halfstep, the tectonic Loefah collab is a percy, any thing more rolling and you'll be parting serious dough on discogs for the Big Apple 12s, I'd say...
He says "when FWD was empty"

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Skream's an insanely prolific producer so there's tons of music from the last decade that doesnt sound like his tearout stuff. check "Memories of 3rd Base" on Digital Soundbwoy for recent 'eyes down' tip. Also "untitled" from the Skreamizm series I always felt was a twin of "Sweetz."

There's lots of very early Skream on this free hatcha mix CD, though it's more of the clipped, minimal dark 2step style he started with than the mid point 3rd Base era colour.

There's loads of his beats on this 05 mix too.

am really happy to see people are feeling these: going backwards isnt always the logical step in this game, but I just couldnt let those two get lost forever...

atoga

Also while were on topic, whats that Skream tune called where it goes "Its having an hallucinogenic effect" then goes into some madness?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
My roundtable discussion with Untold, Shortstuff, xxxy, Vista and fabric's Graham Best is now up on RA:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1148

Very interesting, big thanks for sharing.
In relation to that, and to the 'when FWD was empty' chat on the last page, I feel I have to say that I'm not all that comfortable with the narrative that's quite strong within dubstep, to the effect that things can only be good - or at least can only be at their best - when just a small, highly informed audience know about them. It's hard not to see this as elitist, at least in some sense of the word, and I also think it's potentially self-limiting.
Of course, I'm talking off the top of my head here, and it could well be that my view stems from ignorance of how the London/UK club scene works these days, having only got into regularly raving quite recently. It could just be that the structure of things means it's not possible to make innovative music that will reach any kind of a crowd, even at an underground/grassroots level. So if you think I'm way off here, please tell me so and try and say why. No trollo. :)

continuum

smugpolice
^^ good article, thanks for posting.

personally i see dubstep getting bigger and bigger, like indie or rock music big, and eclipsing those scenes in a few years.