mms

sometimes
Yes jarel can definately be viewed as part of the same thing. He even namechecks Madlib on 'Three Piece Puzzle'. Waajeed is another producer who can be included, especially his instrumental stuff.

I think one of the most important 'wonk' tracks can be traced back to Dilla's remix for DJ Cam:

Not sure when it came out tho

the shape of broad minds is good, not so sure about his beat stuff, it's quite straight up beat copping.
dunno that cam mix - nice!

dilla, madlib etc *sigh*

one of the last 'sources' of inspiration left

damn you Kode 9 for baiting it up lol!

*shakes fist and head*

and its with that I (kinda) leave Dissensus

over the New Year I've been thinking about things and been going through a lot which just means I won't be posting here as much as I used to

I've learnt a lot here and hopefully shared a lot and will still lurk from time to time but...yeah lol

sorry for posting like I'm someone but take care ppl and keep finding that dope s***! the world needs it!

belated Happy New Ear mutha luvas!

p.s I need to start circulating some live events like FWD and DMZ

I'll be easy to spot wearing some oneaway s*** lol

UFO over easy

online mahjong
one of the last 'sources' of inspiration left

damn you Kode 9 for baiting it up lol!

*shakes fist and head*

dilla baited it up when he choked

anyway - names that haven't been mentioned in connection with all this.. early wu tang beats don't get enough credit. maybe because of the image

optimum

Poochie
dilla baited it up when he choked

anyway - names that haven't been mentioned in connection with all this.. early wu tang beats don't get enough credit. maybe because of the image

Lolz. Early Wu-tang for sure, I think they're a bit unfashionable these days. Moving back to dubstep, did anyone go to fwd for the Bristol takeover? How was it?

Benny Bunter

Was listening to Huw Stephens' New Music show on radio 1 the other night (for my sins), and he played the worst 'dubstep' track I've ever had the misfortune to hear. It was basically the Velvets' Venus in Furs, with the crappest, weediest most generic bass wobble tacked on to it. Just the sort of exposure the scene doesn't need!

I can laugh about it now, but when it came on at the time I was bloody furious! :mad:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Lolz. Early Wu-tang for sure, I think they're a bit unfashionable these days.

Really?! I must admit whenever I come back to the UK I don't notice it as much, but over here (Toronto) you can't seem to get MORE fashionable than Wu-Tang. It's mind-blowing how much they are revered and imitated over here by everyone from gangsters to ed banger records types. Their influence is ubiquitous, to say the least. Dilla too, actually, but to a much lesser extent obviously.

That being said, whenever I come over to the UK I find myself getting back into NYC-style hip hop because I am removed from the ultra hipsterization of it in North America, I just figured I wasn't hanging out in the right places.

Anyway sorry to derail.

Last edited:

benjybars

village elder.
Lolz. Early Wu-tang for sure, I think they're a bit unfashionable these days. Moving back to dubstep, did anyone go to fwd for the Bristol takeover? How was it?

dunno, but the queue was HENCH when i cycled past at midnight...

sounds like it was pretty amazing tho.. check DSF innit.

continuum

smugpolice
Official video for Benga and Coki's 'Night'
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
I'm not too optimistic about this commerical release of night - i think its great that its getting one, but I wouldn't have the first idea about how to go about marketing it.

nomos

Administrator
i really like the video. has a similar feel to some of the techno ones that came out in the early/mid-90s from warp, etc.

Last edited: