Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
That was a wicked show! GREAT selection, really nice combination of different styles, lovely bit of garage at the start, original tunes, good chat, just a great show all round.

And I'd say that even if you hadn't dropped one of my tunes. But that was a massive thrill!

zhao

there are no accidents
Official video for Benga and Coki's 'Night'
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

awwww i miss the colossal squid thread...

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
That fuckin squid video is straight up retarded.
Surely that's not the official music video. Hyperfrank seems to think it is.

Someone was definitely smoking rocks that day. Eejats.

Edit: I gotta re-emphasize... that shit is SO stupid. Wow.

hyperfrank

Wild Horses
That fuckin squid video is straight up retarded.
Surely that's not the official music video. Hyperfrank seems to think it is.

Someone was definitely smoking rocks that day. Eejats.

Edit: I gotta re-emphasize... that shit is SO stupid. Wow.

It is the official video, I contacted the people that deal with his press and he confirmed it is. Random but hey anything is better than a bait green screen.

Oh and Blackdown really good set.

nomos

Administrator
re: night - it's a fun, alien-sounding track and i think the video suits it really well. great to see them having a laugh and not taking themselves too seriously. plus it's well made. like i say, it reminds me of early videos from warp (e.g. this), or plastikman's 'birth' - a great line of music-inspired, visual abstraction that has been virtually abandoned since the 90s. can't really understand how it would inspire a strongly negative response.

who made it?

Last edited:

ether

its an awful video, a shit concept badly executed.

decent examples of music/sound-inspired visual abstraction.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

continuum

smugpolice
Mary Anne Hobbs presents 'DUBSTEP SOULJAHS' documentary on BBC Radio1

the 30 minute show goes out inside Pete Tong's In New Music We Trust show..
Thursday THIS WEEK (February 7th) at 9pm..
the aim is to capture a snapshot of the spirit of the scene and explain what makes it unique both musically and culturally.. with word and music from all the key players...

guests include:

Mala
Loefah
Sgt Pokes
Distance
Pinch
N-Type
Skream
Benga
Arthur aka Artwork - Big Apple
Benny Ill - Horsepower Productions
Chef
Jason at Transition Mastering Studios
Boomnoise
Dubway
Blackdown aka Martin Clark
Melissa Bradshaw

the programme will be accompanied by an online photo album put together especially for the show by Georgina from D.O.T.S
www.drumzofthesouth.com
so people who are new to the scene can see the characters and get a sense of the vibe... and the heads can just enjoy her beautiful and iconic work...

and also an online Compendium.. a basic guide offered as a starting point to artists, labels, club nites, record shops, online resources etc.. and a full trcaklisting.. all of which will be posted here too..

the show is deep and intelligent.. and i hope the heads will enjoy it as much is the newcomers..

this kinda airtime for the scene that we love is very special...

love
m/a.. x

:)

its an awful video, a shit concept badly executed.

decent examples of music/sound-inspired visual abstraction.

abstract? it's entirely figurative. there's nothing abstract about it. it's simple and distinctive. i think it works...

it also takes a bit more of an aesthetic risk than the very "tasteful" videos you posted, which are simply generic. it's a dance music promo, no one's presenting it as a work of "art" :rolleyes:

zhao

there are no accidents
FORM ------------- FUNCTION

FUNCTION -------- MINIMALISM

MINIMALISM ----------- MY ASS