computer_rock

Hey man, I love Warrior Queen, but it's all about the boom-bap.

Now, if we were battling with the soul jazz singles, and we were arguing "Dem A Bomb We" vs. "Surround Me", I'd be pulling out hair over whom to choose.
bringing souljazz into the discussion is actually quite interesting because magnetic city would definitely be in my hyperdub top ten if it wasn't on souljazz...

wow...i'm amazed how similar some of shackletons new stuff is to some of hell science dept's old stuff. particularly from about 14 til 23 minutes in this mix. even the mixing styles and use of samples are eerily similar. 2006 really was a great year for the D.

mos dan

fact music
open letter to the dubstep community:

Dear Dubstep:

More Spaceape!

Appreciate it.

agreed. he was great at goldsmiths on saturday. man that was a weird, inebriated night. good though.. highlights were a room full of teenagers going MENCKLE for 'hyph mngo' as the closer to joy orbison's set (more inspired uneducated guesswork from the anti-empiricist brigade on that one).. and ikonika dropping electrik red's 'drink in my cup', such a good blend, such a great party anthem. CUP. SIP. YURRR

boyalive

looking for a good cowboy
agreed. he was great at goldsmiths on saturday. man that was a weird, inebriated night. good though.. highlights were a room full of teenagers going MENCKLE for 'hyph mngo' as the closer to joy orbison's set (more inspired uneducated guesswork from the anti-empiricist brigade on that one).. and ikonika dropping electrik red's 'drink in my cup', such a good blend, such a great party anthem. CUP. SIP. YURRR

Word yes drank in my cup was an unexpected hype moment, totally forgot she dropped that, although I did have red stripe for breakfast lunch and dinner that day.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
He played a big set, Im sure I saw him singing on the mic a few times though, didn't expect that.

Synkro and Indigo made the night for me, played lots of tracks Ive wanted to hear out for ages especially Fat Larry's Skank.

Yeah he tends to do singing.

Were synkro and indigo the support? if so they were fantastic, lovely rolling garagey percussive gear... including favela, which is a total percy...

franz

Blue Steel by Double Helix is one for me at the moment. i know it happened already earlier in the thread, but anyone want to shell out anymore UV/LHF hints?
guess i'm gonna check out this Keepers of the Light mix... an' i see that the second installment of the UV anniversary series went up a while back... but then that's more 2step, so i guess here's not the place...

Yeah he tends to do singing.

Were synkro and indigo the support? if so they were fantastic, lovely rolling garagey percussive gear... including favela, which is a total percy...

Synkro and Indigo were on after Starkey, residents Jack Opus and Montrave played beforehand

Favela is a percy too just walked in when it dropped, shame it was pretty dead at the time.

boomnoise

♫
Blue Steel by Double Helix is one for me at the moment. i know it happened already earlier in the thread, but anyone want to shell out anymore UV/LHF hints?
guess i'm gonna check out this Keepers of the Light mix... an' i see that the second installment of the UV anniversary series went up a while back... but then that's more 2step, so i guess here's not the place...

expect big things to come pretty soon from lhf.

the keepers of the light mix is a keeper for sure.

will keep you posted :)

alex

Do not read this.
Seems the croydon elite cant take a bit of criticism to there track's haha.

Anybody heard Sigha's new stuff? Top form!!