Producer Talk

3 Body No Problem

Depends which version you have. All versions since 2.2 are Universal Binary (i.e. they will work on both PPC and Intel Macs).

The only issue you will have to face is NI's irritating "Service Center" software. You will need to unauthorize your PPC machine and then re-register the software on your Intel machine.

Upon further investigation, it seems that I have version 2.2.4.001. For some reason it does not show up in Logic.

Last edited:

hint

party record with a siren
Upon further investigation, it seems that I have version 2.2.4.001. For some reason it does not show up in Logic.

Strange! This is the same version I have, and it shows up in Logic for me.

Do you have the AU installed?:
HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > Components
(or HD > User > Library > Audio > Plugins > Components)?

Does it appear in the Logic AU manager?
Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio Units Manager

Does the standalone version work (it will be in your normal applications folder)?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound

3 Body No Problem

Really well done for a first track. I made 1000s and they're all much worse ;)

Some parts are a bit repetitive for my liking, eg the first 8 bars are essentially identical. Give it some background movement, for example by occasionally reversing a hat or something like that. Another example, the vocal sample is repeated unmodified. A tiny bit more variation might be good, though not too much if you want to remain within the realms of pop. Finally, the macroscopic song doesn't have a clearcut high-point, it doesn't really go anywhere. It mostly stays at similar energy levels.

lazybones

f, d , d+f , p.
@BareBones

very good first effort, like the tropical melody
think it takes far too long to get there....and
you need some fills/noises every 8/16 to make it tick along nicer

gremino

Moster Sirphine
Wise, loving that melody!! Very airy stuff. Beats are also crunchy.

Also looking foward to hear Corpsey's stuff, as reading his love for 05 dubstep, there should come some interesting versions of that sound :cool:

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
heya, have been attempting to make dubstep for about 3 tracks now ( dont really want to measure it in actual time as its pretty slow), would be great to know what people think, the top 3 clips on myspace is the more 140 urban ish stuff here

http://www.myspace.com/ornine

have done a few ableton gigs just mixing loops of my own stuff over each other, theres some of that in the player also.

be honest, i can take it...

Amplesamples

Want to hear my dubstep tune?

Listen to it here

Done loads of different types of music, but this is the second stab at dubstep.Kinda techno-influenced (2562, Martyn et al)

Not really mixed cos I just wanted some feeback, but do please let me know.....

Amplesamples

Aww Nein.

My favourite track is probably Draco out of the top three on your myspace.

I like your beats, but I think you're a bit busy with the keyboard sounds for dubstep, there's not much space.

What are your dubstep influences?

wise

bare BARE BONES
@barebones

very good first effort, like the tropical melody
think it takes far too long to get there....and
you need some fills/noises every 8/16 to make it tick along nicer

I made the intro really long cos I like to do long mixes and I wanted to build the tension before the drop into the steel drums.
Did you listen to it in the context of the mix?

When you say fills/noises do you mean in the beats the melody or something other?

Thanks everyone for the comments they will be absorbed :D