kids these days

N

nomadologist

yes, we'll have a lovely christmas in the ghetto. i will be tripping on multiple hits of acid (don't eat the mango slices!) and will bring vimothy to dyker heights to see the gaudy italian christmas displays.

then we'll go to FAO Schwarz and he can play on the kiddie cars and then he will probably get robbed by a homeless guy on the way back to the ghetto. one with no teeth and one leg. i will sell him to a dealer in the bushwick houses and they will make him their bitch, give him a tec 9 and make him do deliveries. they will steal his passport, change the photo, and the next thing you know he will have $300,000 in unexplained debt on his credit report.

that's my elaborate fantasy of what would happen anyway

gek-opel

entered apprentice
yes, we'll have a lovely christmas in the ghetto. i will be tripping on multiple hits of acid (don't eat the mango slices!) and will bring vimothy to dyker heights to see the gaudy italian christmas displays.

then we'll go to FAO Schwarz and he can play on the kiddie cars and then he will probably get robbed by a homeless guy on the way back to the ghetto. one with no teeth and one leg. i will sell him to a dealer in the bushwick houses and they will make him their bitch, give him a tec 9 and make him do deliveries. they will steal his passport, change the photo, and the next thing you know he will have $300,000 in unexplained debt on his credit report.

Hahahaah... just remember to video the whole thing yeah...?

N

nomadologist

I've got one: I can take him to meet Zev and Bracha, the Soviet Hassid slum lords who let my loft go two months without heat one winter.

Of course, they don't represent all New Yorkers of the Jewish persuasion.

Don't forget to include a visit to the local Crèche.

babywithrifle.jpg

swears

preppy-kei
i will sell him to a dealer in the bushwick houses and they will make him their bitch, give him a tec 9 and make him do deliveries. they will steal his passport, change the photo, and the next thing you know he will have $300,000 in unexplained debt on his credit report.

I'm sure he won't mind, it's a free market, after all.

N

nomadologist

He'll learn what "free market" means when he works 12 hour-shifts walking 30 Brooklyn blocks an hour to shooting galleries for a big mac a day.

bassnation

the abyss
But I still think it's hugely unfair to punish a thirteen year old who probably has got a gun out of a combination of naivety, fear and a desire to be a big kid

i think kids need to be punished for carrying a gun for obvious reasons. i understand the gang mentality, the peer group thing. but i'm sorry its simply unacceptable for kids to be walking round with weapons, this is not the united states, these things are illegal and for good reason. there has to be a disincentive otherwise people will continue to be killed. in the metro the other day a young kid shot his sister in the head with his mothers gun. these things should not be on the streets - whatever we need to do with enforcement needs to be done.

N

nomadologist

it's a black market, duh. the government can't do shit about it.

bassnation

the abyss
it's a black market, duh. the government can't do shit about it.

theres police with metal detectors at the train stations in south london every week, so yes, they are doing something - but obviously its not enough. when they are caught though, there needs to be punishment. at least we ain't flogging them from shops. thank god for small mercies.

N

nomadologist

i was partially kidding, but over here, i know where i could buy an automatic weapon in a second if i wanted to. they're mad expensive though. so most kids just saw off shotguns or get little handguns.

N

nomadologist

I'd love to see them try. Maybe next they'll stop cocaine production in Bolivia, too!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'd love to see them try. Maybe next they'll stop cocaine production in Bolivia, too!

Thought you were Ingoring me? Or was that just bravado?

Guns are far more commonplace in the US than in the UK. There are far more shootings in the US than in the UK. It's legal for people to own guns in the US, whereas except in special cases it isn't in the UK. A cursory analysis of this data would seem to suggest that having laws against gun ownership probably helps reduce, er, gun ownership.

Last edited:

vimothy

yurp
He'll learn what "free market" means when he works 12 hour-shifts walking 30 Brooklyn blocks an hour to shooting galleries for a big mac a day.

Hanging out with Nomadologist's rich / poor, drug-dealing gangster / CEO friends in New York will be brilliant. Now if I can only make it onto her ignore list with Mr Tea, it will be the perfect Chrismas present ...