scottdisco

rip this joint please
yep. gutted for Chester, absolutely gutted.

and spare a thought for the young lads of Durham City, they get caned every week, all the problems at that club mean they have to play kids. i know it's good for young local lads to be coming up against experienced semi-pros, but as the very steepest of learning curves go, one wonders what it does for their self-esteem.

same happened with Weymouth the other season.

Pompey stayed at the Midland hotel in Manchester city centre the other week, which is essentially the Ritz of the northwest, the grand old dame.

in Stamford Bridge-today news, that shitpipe Terry whinging about a foul as they came off at halftime, what planet is he on?

hilarious.

prick.

nomos

Administrator
that's two injuries like this to arsenal in two years. i'm so sick of these clubs that boast about how they're going to go in and "hit" arsenal instead of playing the game, and wenger gets treated like a whiner for speaking out about it. unintentional or not, i hope they make a severe example of shawcross and actually start taking this more seriously at the disciplinary level - e.g. penalizing clubs for 'horror tackles.'

allegiant

Evenly Distributed
We Sky+'d it, subsequently wishing that we hadn't, and Shawcross was a little bit high on Ramsey.

It's difficult to tell just how much intent, if any, there really was in the tackle. I don't happen to think Shawcross is a particularly dirty player, but we all came to the same conclusion that the challenge was reckless, and a bit late.

Hope Ramsey comes through it ok.

tom lea

i think thats a shocking tackle personally. he's not even stretching for the ball, it's more like a fly kick.

nice dive by barry today. we'd have prob lost anyway, but that was never a penalty let alone a red.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Shawcross' reaction spoke in his favour, the way he was so genuinely upset.

the only person who seemed unconcerned was the callous Ricardo Fuller, but he is a Grade A cunt, as many tales from the likes of the Jamaican national squad, Preston North End days, etc., attest.

Grays were indeed living the dream back in the day, typical dodgy Conference financial set up, overreaching, etc.

Crawley are another Conference outfit with some recent creative accounting experience, which can be blamed on wideboy owners. Grays being in such an armchair West Ham area, it seems clear a lot of local people are not bothered anyway, but it is so sad to go there and see the few hundred die hards almost wilting in front of your eyes.

Tom, no complaints re Ballack, eh? ;)

tom lea

the only person who seemed unconcerned was the callous Ricardo Fuller, but he is a Grade A cunt, as many tales from the likes of the Jamaican national squad, Preston North End days, etc., attest.
what tales? i'm intrigued. i did think he looked like a prick the way he was having a go at the ref for it long after the incident - more worried than that about the guy who's lying there ten feet away with a broken leg.

he proper looks like he should be in only fools and horses too i think.

Tom, no complaints re Ballack, eh? ;)
only that he didnt hit the little goblin harder.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Fuller:
what tales? i'm intrigued.

i've always heard the rest of the PNE squad despised him.

he got into a fight with Damion Stewart at a Jamaican training camp once.

there's lots of other stuff, involving general bust-ups, fights with team mates, getting nicked in nightclubs and so on.

my general impression is of a bit of a scrote who just gets in trouble habitually.

Ballack:
only that he didnt hit the little goblin harder.

ha! quite... ...i've had a mad one today, and the only game i've seen is the Arsenal (and no highlights from elsewhere). however, i have heard off others the City pen was dubious, though the Chelsea pen was stonewall, to be fair.

as for Bridge leaving the England squad, i think i'd rather watch Warnock or Baines myself anyway in that role.

nicely mixed up results at the bottom of the Prem, though Bolton winning today (and Stoke losing) doesn't detract from the theory overall that Stoke are the new Bolton.

Bolton are too crap these days to even be themselves, but Stoke are certainly growing into that 'unfashionable but can take points off big teams' role.
the BBC Radio Manchester commentary from Stamford Bridge earlier had some brilliantly, er, diplomatic musings on Stoke's style...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Fair play to the Stoke no 6 (not sure who he is) - while most of the Arsenal players seemed more interested in haranguing the referee, he was getting the medics onto the field for Ramsay. Well done that man.

Edit: only now watching the highlights, but the atmosphere at Stoke-Arsenal looked electric

Now watching Chelsea-Man C - gotta love Tevez squaring up to Terry. And when you're getting ethically torn apart by Craig Bellamy, you know your career is OVER. Brilliant morality play/football match - Ballack cautioned for being a twat (even when he was in the right), Lescott doing a Drogba on Drogba - endless highlights.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
yeah, Whelan sounds right. I think, with all the bad publicity surrounding football at the moment, the FA, if they had any nous whatsoever, would give him some kind of commendation for that.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
haha! I claim to be a Wednesday fan, but in truth I haven't checked the players for many years now. Check the results, but long ago stopped checking the players! Ask me about the 92-93 squad, and it'd be a different story :)

Actually, Whelan is one of the ones I do know, now I dredge my memory...

don_quixote

Trent End
yeah, the players who fucked the club up!

for me classic sheffield wednesday is mark bright, john sheridan, des walker and kevin pressman