^^ lord help us!
tbh capello should just pick a squad that contains at least 10 men that can manage to get that small round thing between the angular white things from 12 yards!
can't be going thru that again..

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
slovenians aren't that angular, and I have no idea what the small white thing might be.

england will reach the qfs. which is....fine.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Not sure that England's group will be that easy. Slovenia put Russia out (albeit on away goals), Algeria beat Ivory Coast in the ACN. I'd still be shocked if England didn't qualify tho

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
oh, it def won't be easy, but england (unlike, say, arsenal) still have the knack of putting away the 'smaller' teams when it matters, even though it's often painful to watch.

don_quixote

Trent End
i don't think it's that harsh that they were punished. togo basically ruined their tournament by failing to follow security advice and then breaking fifa rules by having sanctions imposed on them by the government. however youd have thought this was punishment enough.

crackerjack

i don't think it's that harsh that they were punished. togo basically ruined their tournament by failing to follow security advice and then breaking fifa rules by having sanctions imposed on them by the government. however youd have thought this was punishment enough.

You're not a minor council official in real life are you?;) No good comes of putting the rule book before natural justice in a case like this. The game isn't the province of arrogant bureaucrats and the Togo govt can and should be forgiven for making a hasty decision - it was scandalous enough Togo weren't re-admitted when they changed their mind. This is just taking the piss.

crackerjack

i meant you would have thought that was punishment enough. crucial mistake there.

Yeah, I got that first time round.

Both bans were outrageous, the second just beggars belief.

there are rules, and there are self-important twats wielding rules like dick extensions. The two should be kept apart.

hucks

Your Message Here
I can't believe this is even a discussion...

Anyway. Earlier in this thread there is goal by goal coverage about Arsenal capitulating spinelessly at home to Man U. If the search function worked. I would just copy and paste.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hucks

Your Message Here
Not if you're a Chelsea fan :(

Not good news for England either

I broke my ankle just before Christmas and there's no way I'm going to be fit for the World Cup.

What on earth is England's back 5 going to look like?

Keeper - who knows? All rubbish
Right back - Johnson looks good against Andorra and hopeless agaisnt everyone else. And he's injured. Who's second choice?
Centre backs - Rio (injured all the time), Terry (um....)
Left back - Bridge? Warnock? Baines? Yikes...