tom lea

kevin pressman is pretty much the definition of a national legend.

good to see its one rule for us one for united this weekend re: penalties.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
John Harkes, Paul Warhurst, Danny Wilson (post-pop career), Daivd Hirst - legends one and all.

Yeah, Sheridan scored the first goal in Man United's very first 98 minute match (and of course the Rumbelows Cup final winner, after 37 minutes and 51 seconds - see, I cared once!)
Around 2000 is where I lost the will to care so much, after 15 years of rabid support.

Fell asleep during the game this afternoon. Not because it wasn't entertaining, just fatigue. Disappointed to wake up and see United had done it again.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
that was a dry game, eh. that said, you knew the rags had it as soon as Roonaldo came on.

bollocks.

p.s.

Spuds : PC was decent enough.

mos dan

fact music

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
pressman_233245s.jpg

The man himself, indulging in his little-known 'scary puppeteer' sideline.

Please no-one start an old-skool football babes thread.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
What does everyone think about Waddle et al's comments on Theo Walcott? I thought it was all unnecessarily personal - Walcott must have felt so shit reading all that, and that's highly counterproductive (unless Waddle is coming from a Spurs angle). He could have said something in private. I'm a big Waddle fan, but I think that was a bit nasty, tbh.

And to insinuate the hat-trick vs Croatia was a fluke...how exactly do you fluke that??

Bendtner's and Arshavin's misses yesterday were criminal though. Awful waste...(tho obv Arshavin did eventually score)

Last edited:

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
but isn't Waddle famous for being completely stupid!? i thought his comment was pretty amusing...
in fact, now i see Wenger's response, he pretty much nailed it. "it's better than not having a brain at all".

Bendtner... tbh it's starting to get a bit embarrassing...

don_quixote

Trent End
reading were 2-0 up at half time against villa and bossing the game.

10 mins into the second half and it's 3-2 villa. i've just seen the football equivalent of blitzkreig

jenks

thread death
Having read what Waddle has written - there's not much I disagree with. Yep, he's fast and can bully a lesser team but has he really turned it on when it matters? He lacks the guile necessary for his position. Until he got injured Lennon really showed how effective that savagely fast winger role could be - however, he took about two years longer than expected to get that dangerous, I think if he hadn't turned on teh style this year Harry would ahve offloaded him - he was prodigiously wasteful.

Anyway, I have turned my back on the flash of the Prem after my boy banged in a second half hattrick to turn over a 2-0 half time defecit and go 8 games unbeaten, paternal pride is a wonderful thing

nomos

Administrator
Anyway, I have turned my back on the flash of the Prem after my boy banged in a second half hattrick to turn over a 2-0 half time defecit and go 8 games unbeaten, paternal pride is a wonderful thing
^^ :D

this was lovely too...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:cool:

don_quixote

Trent End
what can we read into liverpool losing 1-0 to wigan followed by arsenal smashing porto 5-0?

liverpool won't make the top 4. and will that be the end of liverpool?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
what can we read into liverpool losing 1-0 to wigan followed by arsenal smashing porto 5-0?

liverpool won't make the top 4. and will that be the end of liverpool?

That Porto are rubbish? Imagine having a hat-trick scored against you by Bendtner - what point would there be going on?

It will be very interesting to see where Gerrard and Torres's true loyalties lie, that's for sure.

Edit: Nasri is pretty special - i thought that goal for Fabregas he set up at the weekend was sublime. Having said that, he wouldn't have got through Chelski's defence like that ^^

don_quixote

Trent End
anyone else sort of want inter to beat chelsea because they like mourinho??

i hope man utd win out tonight though, even though the revenge of beckham would be delicious.

in the end though, i mostly want three english clubs in the semis again because of the clout it gives the premiership. and the deeper these three go the more it hurts liverpool, which is delicious.

hucks

Your Message Here
Why do you care about the clout it gves the premiership?

I'd like Mourinho to win, tho. I know Chelsea fans who wouldn't mind Mourinho winning!