baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
PL shaping up to be quite open. Though I still expect them to win the league, Chelsea have now played 4 of the 5 teams who should occupy 3-7 at season's end (assuming it's them and Utd top 2) and taken just 4 points from them.

It's happened quite regularly that the champions haven't taken too many points from the teams around them, in my recollection, but have instead been spectacualrly consistent in decimating weaker sides. Man U used to be masters at it.

bandshell

Grand High Witch
YFGnK.gif

BareBones

wheezy

This was such a lovely goal. I love watching Torres when he's on form, there's no better striker. I feel a bit sorry for him really, he deserves to be at a club where he's winning lots of trophies. I hope Liverpool can kick on from this though, i have a soft spot for them despite my 2nd team being Everton.

crackerjack

Do any of our Chelsea boys know why they've chopped Wilkins? Given his connections, I'm getting Poyet fear. Just hoping he wouldn't be daft enough to give up a good thing for a mountain of cash and the no.2 job at the best team in Britain...:eek:

crackerjack

No idea. Chelsea website isn't giving much away. Maybe he made a move on Carlo's teenage daughter

Official websites are never any use for stuff like this. You need private fan forums, available only to those who can pick 10 random pubs in the Fulham Broadway area and form them into an anagram for the entire 1970 Cup-winning squad.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Went to the Caley Thistle - Hamilton match yesterday. Nice 3 - 1 win for Caley, but a handful of their fans were ejected for repeatedly doing various chants which accused one of the Hamilton playes of being a paedophile (based on rumours from about a year ago that were never proven, but mainly because he used to play for them before moving to Hamilton).
Was wondering what other people's views were on this kind of thing? Esp perhaps from people here who are bigger football fans than me. I can see both sides of the issue, but my gut feeling is that it's a bit heavy-handed to actually throw fans out for it.

hucks

Your Message Here
@Andy- were they the away fans? Cos away fans get removed for anything at all in my experience. Gives the stewards an opportunity to excercise some authority. Obv I don't think anyone should sing songs about someone being a paedophile, for the record, but recognise that I'm more squeamish and prudish than yr average football fan

What I saw of the Sunderland performance was unbelievable. Where was that at st james' two weeks ago?

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
@andy- were they the away fans? Cos away fans get removed for anything at all in my experience. Gives the stewards an opportunity to excercise some authority. Obv I don't think anyone should sing songs about someone being a paedophile, for the record, but recognise that I'm more squeamish and prudish than yr average football fan

Yeah they were the away support, and there was only a fairly small number of them, which I think is a big part of it. I've seen similar things in the past where away fans have been chucked out for stuff like continunally standing rather than using the seats.
I agree that it's not a nice subject to sing about by any stretch of the imagination. But I guess what I'm interested in more generally is where people draw the line between what is just 'banter' and what is genuinely unacceptable? Because apart from sectarian or racist chants, which almost everyone (inc me)is now against, it seems to all be totally up for grabs, and I also reckon that if the football authorities are now expecting fans to turn up and not say anything remotely offensive at all then well, they're going to be waiting a long time.

In other news, Clyde are still bottom of Division 3. Oh dear oh dear. :eek:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
1st Barca goal: golggolgogloglogglogoglolgoolgogloglogl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
golgolgolgogloglgolggolgogloglgolgolgogloglgol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd Barca goal: PI-CA-LE-TA! PI-CA-LE-TA!PI-CA-LE-TA!PI-CA-LE-TA!*
PEDROMESSIPEDROMESSI, PEDROPEDROMESSIMESSIPEDROMESSI!!!!! GOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGHOHOLHGOL!!!!!

Villareal goal: Gol.

The comic timing was supreme.

*perhaps

don_quixote

Trent End
oh i always stand at away games. but we're talking mass refusal to sit, which i imagine is awkward for stewards to deal with. i'm not lawbreaking entirely willfully; i wouldn't be able to watch the match if i didn't stand.

gonna miss my first forest match in over a month next weekend. loving this season so far seeing as i'm going to so many matches. planning a trip to middlesbrough on boxing day...

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Getting rid of Carvalho, Deco, Belletti and Ballack isn't looking like such a great idea for Chelsea now.

Welbeck (on loan from Man U) getting the winner was just adding insult to injury :(