baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
They don't seem to have enough world class players left to be able to do that this time round though. I suppose if they do get Torres or Suarez, that might work, but without a prolific striker I can't see how they'll be in the Premiership race.

don_quixote

Trent End
i think it will be very telling if alex ferguson retires at the end of the season or not. i honestly don't think he'll stay if he doesn't believe he could build another world beating side. if fergie goes, united will be in disarray.

nowhere close to the state liverpool are in at the moment though

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i think it will be very telling if alex ferguson retires at the end of the season or not. i honestly don't think he'll stay if he doesn't believe he could build another world beating side. if fergie goes, united will be in disarray.

nowhere close to the state liverpool are in at the moment though

Maybe Mourinho will come in if he wins the CL with Real this season, and Fergie calls it a day. The challenge would appeal, and he'd have nothing left to prove.

nomos

Administrator
I really like Ian Holloway

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
So Rooney gets his money and Ferguson gets extra leverage in getting the owners to stump up cash for top-quality players?

What a fucking scam.

mrfaucet

The Ideas Train
Nomos, do you agree with what he's saying about bosmans? The whole notion of owning players seems like a bit of a strange one full stop.

nomos

Administrator
i don't know the ins and outs of bosmans. 'owning' humans isn't right. arbitrarily choosing 24 as the age when a person's contract becomes less binding is also strange.

but i like holloway's lack of diplomacy, and i agree with the general sentiment that mercenary, game-playing, ego-monster players are wrecking things. i hope rooney wears the stink of this tantrum/scheme for a long time - including in the dressing room. i could understand wanting to get out of the country after being exposed as a sleazebag, but then it just turned into moving across town to collect a bigger cheque.

35n6g06.jpg

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i had to wryly agree w Crackerjack the other day when he pointed out as much as we all love Holloway, i wonder what Plymouth Argyle fans think of his views on contracts... ...funnily enough, re Wayne 'Everton fan since i was a lad' Rooney's recent hullaballoo (which is looking like a Paul Stretford ruse to get more beads, yes, and perhaps some stitch up w higher echelons to be yet explained?), what Rooney said about United's recent faltering/lack of ambition is something United fans have been saying for ages, in all honesty.

anyway, Portsmouth.

fucking hell.

i welcome Conference North oblivion for Alty next season, been watching them for twenty years +, and last weekend was the first time the team's not been clapped off i've seen in all that time, shambolic performance.

don_quixote

Trent End
usually i don't give a shit about clubs going under thanks to their irresponsible financial management. however having recently become a creditor of portsmouth fc due to us playing away there next weekend, i am very unimpressed by this recent turn of events.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
OK, trust a few of you have seen the Guardian greatest football XI ever furore over the past week, and the particular digust over Steven Gerrard making the readers' top XI...

I (knowing nowt about defenders whatsoever) go for:

Schmeichel;
Alberto, Moore, Cannavaro, Maldini
Gascoigne, Zidane, Baggio or Xavi, Cruyff
Maradona, van Basten or Muller

Subs: Solskjaer,Savicevic, Zico for free kicks, Le Tissier.

Last edited:

BareBones

wheezy
^^ yeah saw that, absolute cracker, roberto carlos bizniz

and as much as i hate man utd i have to say that hernandez looks like a potentially amazing striker. seems to have a good, humble attitude, and a super-fast brain/reflexes - that header was mental.